BIMM London is an Ableton Certified Training Centre. It is also a microcosm of the music industry, allowing music producers to work with performers, songwriters, events, business, and music journalism students. An amazing blend of technical excellence and creativity; all taught by tutors who are also working in the music industry.
- London イギリス
BIMM Institute London was formerly known as Tech Music School and was established in Acton in 1983. Tech Music School was acquired by BIMM in 2010 and moved to Fulham in 2013.
The courses on offer are a 3 year degree or 1 year diploma in Music Production. The BIMM London campus also runs courses in Performance, Songwriting, Music Business, Event Management and Music Journalism and students from different disciplines are encouraged to interact.
BIMM tutors are also working musicians, producers or industry professionals. Teaching is therefore not only academic, but also provides access to the knowledge, guidance, experience and connections of a working industry professional.
Ableton Live is covered extensively on the degree programme in the following modules:
- Computer Music Production 1 (year 1)
- Computer Music Production 2 (year 2)
- Computer Music Performance (year 2)
- Computer Music Design (year 3 – focus on Max 4 Live)
The music production diploma course is accredited by Pearson Edexcel (BTEC National Diploma Level 3). The BA (Hons) in Music Production is a 3 year course accredited by the University of Sussex.
There is an extensive range of equipment for music production students at BIMM London, including :
- 4 Mac suites, all with Ableton Live Suite (as well as other DAWs) and Max 4 Live. One suite is fully equipped with Push 2 controllers. A couple of Push controllers (and other controllers) are also available to book out and use in the studios or in the other Mac suites after hours.
- A range of plug-ins across all Mac suite computers, including Native Instruments Komplete.
- A range of analogue and digital hardware synthesisers from Moog, Korg, Doepfer, Roland…
- Control room with Audient ASP8024 console
- Control room with Audient ASP4816 console with its own vocal booth
- Post production studio with 5.1 monitoring
- Live room with drums, upright piano, guitar amps, keyboards… and drum booths
- Open access Mac lab
- Three mixing suites
注: Ableton認定トレーナーおよびAbleton認定トレーニング機関は独立する個人および団体であり、Ableton関係者および代理者ではありません。また、Ableton AGおよびAbleton Inc.およびAbleton KKはこれらの個人および団体の運営に関わっておりません。コース提供およびカリキュラムの責任はすべてトレーナーおよびトレーニング機関にあります。Abletonは、トレーナーまたはトレーニング機関の行為に対して一切の債務および法的責任を負いません。