Analog emulates the unique circuitry and irresistible tweakability of vintage analog synthesizers. Able to produce everything from silky pad sweeps to earth-shaking bass.
Analog: Warm Fuzzy Monster
Analog recreates the sounds of analog synths. Analog was created in collaboration with Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) and is based on the same advanced physical modeling synthesis technology found in their Ultra Analog instrument. Physical modeling synthesis uses complex mathematics to reproduce the behavior of the individual components of an instrument in real time. Analog models the individual analog circuits--oscillators, filters, LFOs--found in a variety of legendary synthesizers. Analog integrates perfectly into Ableton Live's workflow and brings analog synthesis to Live users.
- Integrated perfectly into Live's workflow and intuitive user interface.
- Expertly programmed presets covering a range of vintage analog synthesizer sounds and entirely new analog creations.
- Physical modeling synthesis allows real-time tweaking and customization of Analogs's individual analog modules and parameters:
- Two alias-free oscillators featuring sine, square, saw, white noise and a sub oscillator. The oscillators also feature a hard sync function and are capable of pulse width modulation when using the square waveform. Each oscillator also has an integrated pitch envelope.
- Two multimode filters with 2- and 4-pole lowpass, highpass, bandpass, notch and formant modes. The filters feature flexible routing, allowing them to function in parallel or in series. A Drive chooser allows for various types of saturation for each filter's output.
- Each filter is fed to a discrete Amp module, featuring Level and Pan controls.
- A dedicated Noise module generates white noise and has a Color knob that varies the cutoff frequency of a built-in lowpass filter. The F1/F2 knob controls the amount of noise that is sent to the Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- The LFO module can modulate the Oscillator, Filter and Amplifier modules. The LFOs have triangle and square waveforms with pulse width control, sine and two random waveforms, each with retrigger, rate, offset, delay and attack parameters.
- Envelope modules are included for each Filter and Amp module. Featuring ADSR envelopes with linear and exponential shapes as well as free-run, legato and looping modes.
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking and velocity for expressive, dynamic playing.