Midi-mapping for on/off ; Frequency; Q of an autofilter
my problem is that i want to filter a chain with the autofilter but the autofilter should only be activated when i adjust my knobs from an apc40
--> for exampel : 8 chains get into one chain where the auto filter is
1. i adjusted the autofilter to a high-pass filter
2. i klick on the midi-map button right corner and midi-map frequency to the knob
and the Q (resonance)
(Only to understand :--> now i can adjust this high-pass filter in one knob for frequence und Q , now its like an oblique line from middle left side to the high right corner when i use the knob)
3.now the problem : when i adjust the high-pass-filter to the full Eq spectrum--> all frequencies from 30hz-19Khz the low frequencies rumble very strong.... stronger as i deactivate /0 the autofilter
4. so i want that when i adjust the knob the filter get dectivated when the full eq spectrum is already there... --> in this case i would have the HP-effect and now rumbling low-Frequencies at full spec
5. so i midi-mapped the on/off button on autofilter to the knob
Important: then i were in the midi-mapping window and adjusted when the on/off effect should be activated ...> i adjusted 20 ( lowest knob ratio for OFF (everything under this number means autofilter off )) and 127 for highest rate ( means i can adjust the filter to the highest freq. but it dont switch off there because i have the maximum number ->1279
6. i tried my midi-map: i adjust the knob and from ane millisecond to another the filter jumps from ON ; 50 Hz to 19000Hz; ON ......
why does the filter make this jump ? how can i adjust it so that it gets a smooth adjustment ??
thank you for answering my question--> sry for my bad englisch :-)
You need to be logged in, have a Live license, and have a username set in your account to be able to answer questions.
Give us your feedback.