Can Ableton function as a Freehand Loopstation for realtime ordered Playback with Odd Meter Clips ?
Guitarists, other Instrumentalists and Vocalists often use Hardware Loopstations like the Boss RC-300. In Soloperformances I use the RC-300 as a Playback-Machine with in a DAW prepared Stereotracks, while I play Guitar. I have the Idea, that Abelton could do it much better and more flexible:
- launch 3-10 Scenes for realtime arranged Playback Tracks, triggered by a midi Floorboard (the RC-300 only has 3 Loops)
- each Scene can be build in different Meters or contains changing Meters like progressive Rock, Jazz or Modern Classical Music : Porcupine Tree, Guthrie Govan, Avishai Cohen - Chutzpan, Aristocrats, Frank Zappa, Stockhausen, or I.Stravinsky in 3 pieces for Clarinet...
- each Scene containes several Clips and Instruments
- One Step on the Floorboard tells Ableton which Scene starts immediately after playing the current Scene til it's End. The launching Step should possibly happen in the whole Time the current Scene runs, not just 1 or 4 Bars before the End, because of Strange Meters like 3/16, 5/16 or 21/8. It has to be as simple as the RC-300, that can be configured that Way.
And that's where the Problem starts ! I couldn´t find a way.
Is there somebody who has an Idea how to build that in Ableton?
Is MAX FOR LIVE capable to bring a solution ?
I have the latest Ableton Live Version 9.1.6 on a Mac Book Pro 2012, 16 GB, Mac OS X 10.10.1.
There may be several ways to realise it:
- The RC-300 just sees the Start and End Point of a Sample without looking at the metric structure. Even Mainstage 3(Logic Pro X) can handle it so in the Playback-Module.
Live Electronic is more and more coming to all Genres and Ableton seems to be open to music structures that are not only Dance oriented, but also Rock, Jazz, Modern Classic,....
If necessary, i can help with my odd meter Rock & Jazz material to test or help create solutions.
kujus 1 year ago | 0 comments
You need to be logged in, have a Live license, and have a username set in your account to be able to answer questions.
Answers is a new product and we'd like to hear your wishes, problems or ideas.
Give us your feedback.
Give us your feedback.