Ableton Releases Live 8 and Suite 8
Berlin, Germany, April 2, 2009 - Ableton Live 8 and Ableton Suite 8 are out now. Two new instruments, Collision and Latin Percussion are also available; both are included in Ableton Suite 8.
Live 8 and Suite 8 enhance the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of new techniques, effects and most-wanted workflow improvements. These include a new groove engine, revamped warping techniques, live looping, five new effects (including the Ableton Vocoder), crossfades in the Arrangement View, group tracks and a reworked MIDI editor. Ableton Suite 8 includes all that plus a massive, inspired sound library and all the instruments a musician could hope for, including a wide range of synths, a sampler, electric and acoustic drums (new: Latin percussion), mallets (new: Collision), numerous sampled instruments and a new, even mightier Operator.
New in Ableton Live 8:
- New groove engine: new groove library, extract grooves from audio or MIDI, real-time groove quantize. Includes grooves from the legendary Akai MPC and E-mu SP-1200 machines
- New warping engine: warp audio events by adjusting the events on the timeline, updated Beats Warp Mode, new Complex Warp Mode, slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients
- Looper: classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Record, overdub, undo and more without touching the computer. "First loop sync," simple loop management
- New effects: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter
- Workflow enhancements: including real-time crossfades in the Arrangement View, enhanced MIDI editing, group tracks, multiple track selection, a screen magnifier and more
New in Ableton Suite 8:
- World-class sound library: completely new sound library with real-world "Sound Objects," presets, grooves, templates and, above all, over 1,600 beautiful sounds
- Collision and Corpus: a unique physical-modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Includes Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision's resonator section*
- Latin Percussion: a collection of acoustic percussion instruments from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music, plus a wide selection of clips and grooves for authentic usage*
- Operator, Ableton's renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
Plus these existing Ableton instruments: Sampler, Electric, Tension, Analog, Drum Machines, Session Drums** and the Essential Instrument Collection 2**.
*Collision and Latin Percussion are also available separately. **Boxed version only.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8 are available today at your local retailer and at: http://www.ableton.com
Ableton Suite 8
- Boxed version: EUR 699/USD 849(includes Ableton Live 8, sound library, 10 Ableton instruments including Session Drums and Essential Instrument Collection 2, printed manual)
- Download version: EUR 549/USD 699 (includes Ableton Live 8, sound library, 8 Ableton instruments)
Ableton Live 8
- Boxed version: EUR 449/USD 549 (includes the Essential Instrument Collection 2, printed manual)
- Download version: EUR 349/USD 449
Upgrades to Suite 8/Live 8 vary in price, depending on the Ableton products you already own. More details at:
Collision: EUR 129/USD 159
Latin Percussion: EUR 79/USD 99
Ableton develops modern software technology to inspire creative people. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers, and DJs worldwide. Currently, Ableton counts about ninety employees in its Berlin and New York offices. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001.
Ableton Live accompanies every stage of the musical process, from creation to production to performance. In the creative stage, Live is transparent, intuitive and responsive, capturing inspiration and encouraging the flow of musical ideas. During production, Live provides all of the professional tools and studio compatibility required to complete and perfect projects. On stage, Live delivers the expressive control and stability that innumerable performing artists have come to rely on.
For more information, contact:
Ableton Public Relations
Schönhauser Allee 6/7