Surround Panner is a free Max for Live device that makes mixing for performances, installations and theaters using multi-channel speaker setups possible in Live. Simply load the device into a track in your Live set and use the XY control to place it anywhere in the surround field. Eight presets allow you to choose between four-, six- and eight-channel setups.
Max for Live
Using a streamlined set of controls, Surround Panner gives you precise control of your surround field. The Rotate control allows you to adjust circular movement in a two-dimensional space. The Smooth control allows you to make fluid position changes, even when using stepped automation that would otherwise produce a jarring effect. Focus controls how much a signal positioned in one speaker bleeds into the other speakers in the array. And Center provides volume compensation for signals panned into the middle of the surround field [that usually sound louder]. Finally, a multi-dimensional crossfader enables experimental routing and advanced sound design.
- XY controlled, multi-speaker panning device with smoothing functionality.
- Rotation control for circular movement in a two-dimensional space.
- Focus control for specific positioning and speaker separation.
- Eight presets for a variety of speaker configurations.
- Per-channel routing.
- Shared output routing when using multiple devices.
Share this: Ableton on FacebookAbleton on Twitter