Latin Percussion is a collection of acoustic percussion instruments such as congas, bongos, timbales, claves, shakers, tambourines and bells from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music.
Latin Percussion was produced in association with e-instruments.
Each instrument has been carefully multisampled to reproduce the sound, feel and playability of the real-world version. These instruments are useful for producing authentic salsa, merengue, son or mambo, but they're also essential for reggaeton, R'n'B, Latin jazz or fusion... anything with a groove, basically.
Each instrument includes variations for the different ways of playing in the real world, reproducing the difference between a hit and a muted hit, for example. Whether you're shaking, slapping or beating, the articulations for each instrument provide a level of detail that lets you go beyond simply adding "spice" to a track: with Latin Percussion you can really explore the character of the instruments. Individual instruments are arranged as drum racks to integrate neatly into your Live Sets with the articulations already in place. Additionally, Latin Percussion includes mapping for most popular drum pad controllers. In particular, the eight multi-articulation kits are specially designed to let you hook up your hardware quickly and start playing.
Drums and drummer
The greatest instruments in the world are no good unless you know how to play them. Latin Percussion has this covered: the package also includes clips and grooves, so you don't only get the drums, you also get the drummer. These clips are authentic patterns and phrases that you can stretch, edit and investigate. Not only can you get started quickly, you can also peek inside the grooves and see what makes them flow.
- 1 GB of carefully sampled percussion covering 107 instruments in 24bit/48kHz stereo.
- 8 multi-articulation kits and 32 instrument groups provide variety and plenty of potential for customization.
- Kits and instruments are configured as Drum Racks, so it's easy to hook up your hardware and start playing.
- 50 clips of patterns and phrases demonstrating and providing authentic use of the sounds.
- A set of grooves to add some Latin feel to your drum patterns.
- Up to 8 articulations per instrument including Slap, Mute, Flam, Heel, Stick and Shake.
- Up to 20 velocity layers and up to 4 alternating hits per instrument for dynamic and authentic playing.
List of instruments and articulations
- Agogo (low, middle, high)
- Bongo high (open 1-finger, open 3-finger, rim, slap, heel, tip, flam 1-finger, flam 3-finger)
- Bongo low (open 1-finger, open 3-finger, rim, slap, heel, tip, flam 1-finger, flam 3-finger)
- Cabasa (long, short, effects)
- Castanet (single, short roll, flam, roll)
- Caxixi (open, hand, effects)
- Chimes (finger down, finger up, stick down, stick up, effects)
- Conga (open, mute, slap, slap mute, heel, tip, flam open, flam mute)
- Cuica (low, high)
- Cymbal bell
- Cymbal finger (open, stop)
- Cymbal stick (open, stop)
- Finger cymbal
- Finger snap (single, double)
- Guiro (short down, short up, top, long)
- Jingle bell
- Jingle bell effects
- Maracas effects
- Pandeiro (finger, thumb, shake, slap, rim, roll)
- Quinto (open, mute, slap open, slap mute, heel, tip, flam open, flam mute)
- Samba whistle (low, middle, high)
- Surdo (open, mute, finger, rim)
- Tambourim (open, mute, finger)
- Tambourin (shake, hit, effects)
- Timbales high (open, rim, mute, stick, flam, pressroll, roll, cascara)
- Timbales low (open, rim, mute, stick, flam, pressroll, roll, cascara)
- Triangle (open, mute)
- Tumba (open, mute, slap, slap mute, heel, tip, flam open, flam mute, sub open, sub mute, sub hit, slide)
- Vibraslap (center, panning)
- Wood block (low, middle, high)