Friday, September 30, 2016
2nd and 3rd of December 2016
Chennai, India (exact location TBA)
Applications from the following countries are accepted:
Ableton is excited to announce the premier Certification Event in India.
The best and brightest Ableton Live experts from India are invited to apply now for this event. The top five applicants will join Ableton product experts for two days of intensive testing. Successful participants will earn the official title of Ableton Certified Trainer.
If you are interested in becoming an Ableton Certified Trainer and wish to apply for this event, then please follow the steps outlined below.
Submissions for first round applications must be received no later than Friday, September 30, 2016.
Please note: this certification event will be conducted in English.
Three steps to official Ableton Certified Trainer Status
- Initial application:
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"Application - India 2016"
in the email subject.
Please send from the email address you use for your Ableton User account.
Please include the following with your email:
- Letter of motivation (max 1 page)
- Professional CV (max 1 page)
- Example Live and Push lesson plan (just an outline, not too detailed, max 2 pages)
- A link to a video of yourself teaching Live or Push in English. This can be either a video of yourself teaching in front of an audience or just directly into the camera. The important thing about this is that we can see and hear you in a teaching situation (max length 20 minutes)
- Fill in this interest form as completely as possible and submit.
- Successful first round applicants will be contacted and invited to the second round phone interview with the Ableton Certification Team. Successful interviewees will then receive an invitation to the Certification event
- Attend and pass the two-day Ableton Certification event, where we examine teaching skills and overall product knowledge in a group environment.
By sending your application, you agree to the conditions of application to the Ableton Certification Program laid out herein.
People applying to participating in the Ableton Certified Trainer Program any Applicant must comply with the following:
- Minimum age: Twenty One (21) years.
- At least three (3) years of Ableton Live product usage. Professional training at a pro audio school or university/conservatory (music technology dep) is a plus but not necessary
- A minimum of one (1) year’s experience in delivering instructor-led courses.
- Ownership and knowledge of the most current version of Ableton Live.
Process of Application
It will take the Applicant three rounds to apply for becoming an Ableton Certified Trainer:
First Round: Initial Application
At first the Applicant needs to submit an application for a specified Certification event as further described below.
Second Round: Phone Interview
Upon successfully passing the First Round the Applicant will be invited for an interview carried on the telephone.
Third Round: Certification Event
Upon successfully passing the Second Round the Applicant will be invited for a Certification Event carried out by Ableton or its partners.
Costs of Application
No payments will have to be made to Ableton by Applicants taking part in the First and Second Round. If the Applicant is then invited to the Certification Event, the Applicant understands all fees due must be paid prior to attending the Event.
Payment of Third Round Fee and Conditions of Refund
Ableton will specify the actual fee for the Third Round and the payment details to the Applicants selected for taking part in the respective Certification Event. All fees due towards attending a Certification Event must be paid in full 14 days before the start of Certification Event.
Any refunds, partial or otherwise, will only be negotiated in situations of personal illness or incapacity resulting in the applicant being unable to attend the event. Ableton needs to be informed beforehand and might request proof for the reason given. Refund will not considered in case of the participants not successfully passing the Certification event to the satisfaction of the host staff or Ableton.
Acceptance and Refusal of Applicants
Ableton reserves the right to accept and refuse applicants through any stage of the program at its reasonable discretion. This decision may be made in text from up to 14 days after the completion of a Certification Event.
Some examples of reason that applicants may be rejected may include:
- Unsatisfactory performance at Certification Event
- The applicant, at any stage in the application process, is not deemed appropriate for the Certification Program by Ableton
- Unresolvable dispute over fee payments due
Ableton Certified Trainer Agreement
Once the Applicant passes through to being invited to the Third Round he/she will get sent a copy of the Ableton Certified Trainer Agreement (“Agreement”) to read through the conditions applicable to Ableton Certified Trainers, along with the payments due notice and further information on the actual Certification Event. Upon successful completing the Certification weekend and being accepted by Ableton the Applicant will have to sign the Agreement. The Agreement is valid until the 31 December of the same year it has been signed by Ableton and the Applicant. Not signing the contract will result in an unsuccessful application for Certification and all fees paid will be forfeited.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
All information submitted by the Applicant during the process of application is treated with utmost confidentiality. Ableton will only share the submitted data of Applicants selected to take part in a Certification Event with Ableton's distribution or event partners carrying out the Certification Event to the extent necessary for carrying the respective. Such data includes inter alia the details necessary to contact the Applicant, the application documentation andthe video links. Each Applicant has the right to be informed at any time and without cost about the personal data recorded about him/her, as well as a right to the correction, blocking, and/or deletion of the data, as applicable.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your personal data, in case of requests for information, correction, blocking, and/or deletion of the data, as well for the revocation of consent please contact:
Ableton AG, Schönhauser Allee 6-7, D-10119 Berlin, email@example.com.
The Ableton Certified Trainer Program is governed by the laws of Germany, with the exception of the CISG, even if the Participant has his/her residential seat abroad.