Next Live 7.0.2 Beta is online: Live 7.0.2b6!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Alex

Next Live 7.0.2 Beta is online: Live 7.0.2b6!

Post by Alex » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi folks,

another beta for the upcoming 7.0.2 bug fix is available.
The current beta, Live 7.02b6, is free for every Live 7 customer and will expire on the 09th February.
With this beta we are very close to the final release of Live 7.0.2.

http://www.ableton.com/_common/download ... 2b6_en.zip
http://www.ableton.com/_common/download ... 2b6_en.dmg

Please send your beta related feedback to beta@ableton.com or use the Bugs and Problems section of the forum.
Please keep in mind that it is helpful to know if a certain bug or problem you run into already exists in Live 7.0.1 or a previous Beta version

Kind Regards
/Alex

Changes from Live 7.0.2b5 to Live 7.0.2b6

Improvements

Several updated or corrected info texts.

Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument.

The inline Rack mixer provides an “Extract chains” command via its context menu.

Control Surface support for the Akai MPD32.

Bug fixes

Dragging a particular Live clip onto Live would crash Live.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83340

Loading a Simple Delay preset with ‘Link’ disabled would not properly enable all edit fields when enabling ‘Link’ afterwards.

On single core machines or in single core mode, fast crossfade automations could lead to distortion in the audio signal.

When Live is running as ReWire slave, MIDI input via external MIDI ports would not work properly.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83495

A certain VST plug-in would not behave properly for song loop back jumps or would even crash afterwards.

On Mac OS X, rendering or consolidating could create partly empty overview data.

If Live would run as ReWire slave, previewing clips in Live’s browser could change the global tempo of the ReWire master

Under certain conditions, Live could crash when an invalid file or directory was found during startup VST scanning.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83804

MIDI clips would not be extracted in the Arranger when using the ‘Extract chain’ command.

Announcement for Live 7.0.2b5
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83488

Announcement for Live 7.0.2b4
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83209

Announcement for Live 7.0.2b3
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82619

Announcement for Live 7.0.2b2
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82360
Last edited by Alex on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

utkudalmaz

Post by utkudalmaz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Ohwwww yeahhh , tempo changing bug when rewire slave to logic pro 8 was fixed , hey guys thank you veryyyyy muchhhh , if you hadnt fixed it i was gonna want program codes from you to fix it by myself :D:D

thankss

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Ok, the same expiry date as the last beta - the upcoming monday. That kinda tells us you think this is the release version of 7.02, unless any unexpected major bug rears its ugly head, right? And if all is well, 7.02 will be released monday, right??

I bet there'll be no official word on this until monday though! 8)

Filament74

Post by Filament74 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:41 pm

WOW
TEMPO AND MIDI INPUT BUG FIXED!!!
NOW I CAN USE LIVE WITH LOGIC
CRAZY~~~!!

THANK YOU ABLETON!!!!!

djgrbs

Post by djgrbs » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Anyone know if this fix the Automap for Novation Remote SL Compact and Ableton Live 7?
DJ G-R-Bs
G-R-Beats Production

zstowasser

huh?

Post by zstowasser » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:39 am

"Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument. "

This should be an option in preferences - previous users are going to be confused and new users will wonder why this is so.

And why did this change? did others complain?

IMHO, If someone wants a new, clean instrument, they should create a new channel
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

Gnuus

Post by Gnuus » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:59 am

MPD32 and not MPD24??!!

Poster

Re: huh?

Post by Poster » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:15 pm

"Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument. "
zstowasser wrote:This should be an option in preferences - previous users are going to be confused and new users will wonder why this is so.

IMHO, If someone wants a new, clean instrument, they should create a new channel
I hear you!

this is absolutely not an improvement and really ruins my workflow..

who says an instrument is always connected to the fx device chain and has to be seen as one?
that is only true when you're always working with self contained instrument-fx racks..

which I'm not..

so now I cannot drag and drop instruments where I want..
Last edited by Poster on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maze23a

Post by maze23a » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Is the MPD 32 support working for the 24 as well?

posssu

Post by posssu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 pm

zstowasser wrote:"Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument. "

This should be an option in preferences - previous users are going to be confused and new users will wonder why this is so.

I agree. Is this really an "improvement"? I often have a long rack of devices (compressor, eq, tube distortion, etc etc) after, say, a bass and then I want to change the bass-instrument, but keep the device chain after it.

The devices after an instrument aren't always connected to the specific instrument and should be kept on the track even when the instrument is changed. This is very bad for the workflow in my opinion. It's not so difficult to remove the devices you don't need manually after replacing an instrument, but it sure is trouble to insert them again with the same settings, after the whole rack is lost.

There should be an option to this.
Last edited by posssu on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Agreed. Please make this selectable!
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:40 pm

posssu wrote: I agree. Is this really an "improvement"? I often have a long rack of devices (compressor, eq, tube distortion, etc etc) after, say, a bass and then I want to change the bass-instrument, but keep the device chain after it.

The devices after an instrument aren't always connected to the specific instrument and should be kept on the track even when the instrument is changed. This is very bad for the workflow in my opinion. It's not so difficult to remove the devices you don't need manually after replacing an instrument, but it sure is trouble to insert them again with the same settings, after the whole rack is lost.

+1

Either there should be an option or the old behaviour should be kept!!!

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:51 pm

slirak wrote:
posssu wrote: I agree. Is this really an "improvement"? I often have a long rack of devices (compressor, eq, tube distortion, etc etc) after, say, a bass and then I want to change the bass-instrument, but keep the device chain after it.

+1

Actually, come to think of it, selecting the behaviour by using a modifier key would be a good idea.

Like if you press Shift and then drag/drop an instrument the complete chain is replaced, else not. Something like that could be useful with effects or any kind of racks too.

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:28 pm

I've started a poll about this over at the General section:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
slirak wrote:
slirak wrote:

+1

Actually, come to think of it, selecting the behaviour by using a modifier key would be a good idea.

Like if you press Shift and then drag/drop an instrument the complete chain is replaced, else not. Something like that could be useful with effects or any kind of racks too.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah, I dont see how this is an improvement. Totally detracts from the modularity of device chains. If i want to replace the entire chain ill just 'cntrl + A' then delete.then drag a new instrument in.