ReWire MIDI/Sliced instruments bug/7.0.2.b5 and earlier

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
fritzdoddy

ReWire MIDI/Sliced instruments bug/7.0.2.b5 and earlier

Post by fritzdoddy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Greetings,

This bug still exists in this beta version, which I alerted you to in an email from 1/21......

"Greetings All,

I have noticed a bug that has been a bit annoying. When Rewired to Performer, Midi (real time from a keyboard) will not get processed by Live ( Live "sees" it...) and will not trigger a sliced track, simpler instrument, sampler instrument, impulse instrument. I have noticed some interuption with Performer's midi from time to time when rewired to Live. Live 7.0.1 functions flawlessly in standalone mode and I have not tested this with Live as a Rewire master to Reason.

In addition, clips recorded with a sliced track sometimes comeback with odd or no clip loop points when rewired, although the work-around is fairly easy.

1/24/08

This has occurred on two separate machines, both Macs, one an Intel machine, the other a dual G4 1.25 both running OSX 10.4.11. This ONLY occurs under Rewire slaved to Performer 5.11... I have no other DAW to slave Live to

Upon slicing a piece of audio to a new midi track, the behavior becomes erratic. Midi gets processed initially, that is, one can play the new sliced instrument, but NO data gets recorded to a clip when recoding commences. In a seemingly random fashion, MIDI triggering of the new sliced instrument disappears, although the MIDI indicator lights showing that Live still sees the incoming MIDI signal. I have also witnessed this behavior with Impulse, Sampler and single Simpler instruments. Again, this problem does not happen when Live stands alone or is the Rewire master.

1/26 This still exists in 7.0.2.b5 and have noticed also that access to one's hardware MIDI interface dissappears. 7.0.2.b5

fritzdoddy

Post by fritzdoddy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:50 pm

It's important to note that when these conditions exist, one can't even commence recording a clip. When the track is record enabled, hitting the clip button to start recording just causes Live to do nothing at all

Keep the faith!

Fritz

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:12 am

fritzdoddy,

this problem should be fixed with the latest beta, Live 7.0.2b6:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84015

Regards,
/Alex

fritzdoddy

Post by fritzdoddy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:46 pm

We're getting closer! MIDI is stable, predictable and responds like one believes it should when a piece of audio is sliced. The sliced clip that is created will play, the notes can be manually erased and replaced with new midi events/notes when the transport is ONLY in overdub mode, you cannot overwrite the automatically sliced notes. One still cannot record midi notes/events in a new clip in the newly created instrument in a blank clip slot under rewire. An improvement for sure though.