Loopable Clip Automation from Session to Arranger

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mylkoa

Loopable Clip Automation from Session to Arranger

Post by mylkoa » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:41 am

In Live 8, it was possible to loop clip automation in the arranger simply by grabbing the border of the clip and dragging it.... the sequence of notes were looped, and so was the automation associated with it. Now, this is not possible. Several other people have remarked on this:

https://www.ableton.com/answers/is-it-p ... ith-live-9

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204173

https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-to- ... rrangement

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=198499

Please return this functionality to L9

Thank you.

noise

Re: Loopable Clip Automation from Session to Arranger

Post by noise » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:23 am

absolutely need this to happen

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:38 am

Guess it has something to do with the new automation system.
But +1 of course, i miss this so much.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

ymsey

Post by ymsey » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:09 am

Please make it!

Really don't figure out why it's unfeatured, what problem or loss of workflow it could causes? All want that a/many envellop we created in a looped clip appears as long as we drag it in arrangement, then drag another clip unautomated or erase the automations if we don't need on one part.

Again, please do it!

Bungle

Post by Bungle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:35 pm

+1 to this too.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:21 am

Bungle wrote:+1 to this too.
the reason why is because it encourages you to record your automations in the session view, and to loop any redundant automations in the clip itself.....so this way you are only writing to arrangement the automation when you have experimented enough in session view until you get the clip automation you want....

the only adjustment is that you have to know how long the actual song is going to be....so you can create an unlinked (but looping)(or not looping) automation envelope in the clip that is the same length as the entire song...

mylkoa

Post by mylkoa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Inversoundzzz wrote:
the reason why is because it encourages you to record your automations in the session view, and to loop any redundant automations in the clip itself.....so this way you are only writing to arrangement the automation when you have experimented enough in session view until you get the clip automation you want....
Yeah... I can't remember why I submitted this request... Maybe I had a reason at the time?... In any case... I have been using the program everyday the past few months, and I'm comfortable with the way Arranger automation is handled. No complaints.

I dig your music, BTW, Essess :)

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:41 pm

mylkoa wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:
Yeah... I can't remember why I submitted this request... Maybe I had a reason at the time?... In any case... I have been using the program everyday the past few months, and I'm comfortable with the way Arranger automation is handled. No complaints.

I dig your music, BTW, Essess :)
essess is an artist operating under the inversound syndicate.......I may or may not be this artist..essess is an artist operating out of the inversound syndicate.....i run the syndicate that hosts the artist essess....we are the syndicate....i will tell him thank you