Obama wins, Dems will crush the weak-ass republicans cuz...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

I am voting for

Obama
58%
McCain
8%
That chick from the Transformers movie
35%

Total votes: 80

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:06 am

My favorite part of his speech was "And I believe in the Ableton forum being self moderated and that voices from all over the world may be heard on all topics from the war in Iraq, to the justice system and the Justice concert, to phat basses, to the monthly request for b0unce being banned posted by a noob, and yes, even titties. Love the titties. I hear your cries for access past 128 parameters and as President of the United States I promise you thousands of parameters, all automatible in session view. McCain can't relate. McCain uses a Pro Tools HD system and is a puppet for M-audio".

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:09 am

I hear your cries for access past 128 parameters...

hahahaha, funny shit.

Did he mention me, did he mention me?

*landrvr1 looks up at beats with eager, childlike eyes. Like he's waiting for a pat on the head*

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:13 am

seriously, besides the obvious sad cunts, who's entertained by the non-stop fantasy & role-playing shtick ?
spreader of butter

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 am

forge wrote:
I don't get these people who say it makes no difference - how is inspiring people not changing the world? In fact you could almost argue that the only role of a leader should be to inspire people.
Some people just aren't inspired like that

but yes, it is very exciting for much more than political reasons

but for the person who didn't think Bill did good

on an economic front

Real GDP grew every single year more than 2.5 % topping at 4.4% in 1999

while keeping inflation under 2.3% his whole entire 8 years

while unemployment was on the low side of the natural rate of unemployment (4% or less)

plus he ran a budget surplus the last couple years of his presidency

and tens of thousands of new jobs were created

prior to that Bush Senior had a recessionary year in 1991 when real GDP dipped to -0.2 and inflation got as high as 3.8% in 1989

the current Bush, inflation is rising and rising fast @ or above 5% currently

real GDP for the last qtr was 1.9% and that was distorted by the stimulus checks - the end of the 4th qtr of '07 we saw negative real GDP

unemployment is on the high side of the natural rate of unemployment upwards close to 6%

not to mention the war is costing us billions of dollars

so, economically Clinton has been the best thing for America in the last 20 years
Last edited by djadonis206 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Barack Obama

Post by Barack Obama » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 am

beats me wrote:Love the titties.
My nigger.
Suck it Hillary.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 am

nowtime wrote:
It's been interesting watching the media support him over the last months. A presidential-looking picture next to a flag repeated over and over and over will usually tell you who the media owners are voting for.
Does this not tell you something? THE corporate beast supporting Obama... ? 8O

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am

adventurepants_ wrote:im cynical enough to think that Cheney engineered this whole Georgia thing to scare the dumber Americans into voting for the War party. the timing is pretty freaking convenient.
These are the kind of things to pay attention to.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:09 am

oblique strategies wrote:
nowtime wrote:
It's been interesting watching the media support him over the last months. A presidential-looking picture next to a flag repeated over and over and over will usually tell you who the media owners are voting for.
Good god dude, you're all over the consiracy map. Corporations don't like Obama, they like McCain or the republicans. It's a loose generalization but the repubs support corporattions and the WTO much more and therefore are supported by them much more. You too, if you've bought anything....ever. Buy gas at all?

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 am

I have no idea what the Republicans will do for four days, other than stand around holding up signs that say "FEAR", "DIVISION" and "STATUS QUO." Or maybe attack Costa Rica for "gettin' sassy."
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

forge

Post by forge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 am

forge

Post by forge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:32 am

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 am

knotkranky wrote:
oblique strategies wrote:
nowtime wrote:
Good god dude, you're all over the consiracy map. Corporations don't like Obama, they like McCain or the republicans. It's a loose generalization but the repubs support corporattions and the WTO much more and therefore are supported by them much more.
Well, if you witness the corporations backing Obama through their media machine, what do you conclude? I conclude that they are supporting him.

My point is to dig deep, & question what you find. Yes, it is commonly accepted that corporations support McCain. But when you see them supporting Obama -what is your conclusion?

I am just posing the question based on what I see.

As I have stated previously, I think that Obama & McCain are both sides of the same coin. The corporations back BOTH of them. Good cop/bad cop -whatever charade you want to call it.

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Well either way.. It looks like there is going to be an even bigger mess to clear up, if his report from 'le Telegraf' in holland is in any way true 8O http://www.nowpublic.com/world/bombing- ... in-weeks-0

Hd

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm

heavensdaw wrote:Well either way.. It looks like there is going to be an even bigger mess to clear up, if his report from 'le Telegraf' in holland is in any way true 8O http://www.nowpublic.com/world/bombing- ... in-weeks-0

Hd
:cry:

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Sorry mate, this would be huge news in the United States.

No way, no how, can Bush bomb Iran without Congress and the Senates Approval, and that wont happen before November 4th.
too many lasers...