OPEN LETTER TO ABLETON

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Foreigner4

OPEN LETTER TO ABLETON

Post by Foreigner4 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:18 am

Thank you, Ableton. Live 7 will make the studio a more effective and efficient work environment for musicians/engineers/producers who purchase it in good faith. With its new features, Live 7 will now be at the forefront of your product line after only a year of Live 6's existence. The latter no longer represents your company's best effort, which appeared to be adequate for only a brief period of time.

Touted on your web site as only a truly remarkable product could, a potential buyer cannot help but be impressed; it is hard to imagine that Live 7 will be obsolete next year. Clearly, value and quality must be a staple of Abelton products. If history is a guide in any way and/or a tool for predicting the future with any degree of confidence, then one knows what to expect from your company. Live 7 is a testament that stands on a sinking foundation set upon the quick sands of time as the vanguard of your company's potential, philosophy, and commitment to serve your loyal customers. Though your principles as a corporation quickly founder in Live 6's undertow, your marketing department has tossed you a line - and fed quite a few others to your clientele. Congratulations, Ableton, on pressing forward as your developers' ideas fall behind, yearly, to the expense of your customers.

Your marketing department certainly deserves recognition, for they have made your products appear to be indispensable as your programs become obsolete. Though such inconsistencies and devalued products can tarnish your company's image, your bottom line may not always reflect it. Such an inconsistency and lack of principles has been polished by said department and sold to the musician. You have succeeded in effectively having the musician cover the cost of seemingly mediocre research and development. Live, appearing to require a $500 revision or costly upgrade every year, will always be an incomplete product that completely and constantly exploits the demands of its users. This must be due to Ableton's dilligence, though. It is an honorable enterprise.

Therefore, the writer of this letter will forego the opportunity to enjoy your new product. If one has missed any essential developments, 2009 must then yield further milestones for your company and a more reliable program, at a price. If your principles are revised at least as often as your product line, then your customers might enjoy a different experience as a result of your lack of foresight, ingenuity, reliability, and honesty.

Your latest work of questionable integrity will not be rewarded by my loyalty.

Sincerely,

CSB.

forge

Re: OPEN LETTER TO ABLETON

Post by forge » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:38 am

Foreigner4 wrote: Your marketing department certainly deserves recognition...
are you sure you're not part of said department?
:wink: :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:50 am

God damn Foreigner4s.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:57 am

Is the OP complaining about something? Is there a problem?
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

forge

Post by forge » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:08 am

sparklepuff wrote:Is the OP complaining about something? Is there a problem?
I just thought it was a vocab excercise

I tried to pick some kind of meaning out of it but I think it was just some kind of English homework

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:11 am

some people still use Live 4, 5 and 6, they're not obsolete.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:14 am

I have never seen writing that was such eloquent gibberish. I think he just typed some whining into a program that auto populates with terms that sound important or intelligent.

COSM

Post by COSM » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:21 am

Next.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:22 am

Or, they are an excellent political speech writer or PR person.

Is everyone confused trying to figure out if I may have said something poignant, but upon further inspection I haven't said jack shit? Success!
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

BBScience

Re: OPEN LETTER TO ABLETON

Post by BBScience » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 am

Foreigner4 wrote:Live, appearing to require a $500 revision or costly upgrade every year, will always be an incomplete product that completely and constantly exploits the demands of its users.
I'm a college student who makes 8 dollars an hour at a part time job. Even I think 119 Dollars for the upgrade is well worth the cost of the new additions to live.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Hate to tell you, but no one cares.

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 am

I hate to do so, but; I''d like to add a 'fuck you' to the original poster.
Ableton have fulfilled my desire for workflow, inspiration and support for 4 years going.
So, to reiterate my original point.
fuck you.
sincerly,
cory

blank

Post by blank » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:01 am

If you paid 500 box for the latest upgrade it's maybe cause they don't want you as a customer :P

I paid 119 $ for the live 7 upgrade and I think it's worth every cents.

I find your argumentation way more obsolete ( and weak) than every version of live.

Feel free to do anything you want but please if you want to act like a prick go do it elsewhere.

I second Cory.

-B
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

Corn Swabler

Post by Corn Swabler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:29 am

i want 10 minutes alone with the foreigner, the ableton live 7 box, and a bottle of lube, and try to see if i can fit the whole box all up his asshole.

Metaphreaq

What?

Post by Metaphreaq » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:52 am

If you're buying the $500 upgrade you're getting a lot of new features, far more than have been in any version of live yet, you're getting a huge collection of instruments, 2 new instruments, and those crazy rebuilt drummachines.

Quit yer whinin. Are you mad because there was no "Talent" function this time?

I was bummed out about that.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 am

this thread should be moved to

'go eat a bag of shit'