Partly freeze / Turn the track off / ...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Exie

Partly freeze / Turn the track off / ...

Post by Exie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 am

I have several suggestions that can improve Live's usability itself and make it much stronger in comparison with other hosts.

- Partly freeze - to select only a part of the fx chain and freeze it. IMO, a must-have for hungry plugins' users, who want to be able to tweak the last plugin in the chain without re-freezing.
- Turn the track off - the real "off" button, when track do not eat any cpu power. Because current "track activator" is unfortunately an ordinary "mute" button. AFAIK, Sonar already has this feature ;)
- Track groups and layering should make the arrangement much more easy.
- Drums-friendly piano roll. I suggest to be able to make labels for individual notes and to make "Labels only" button to be able to see only key rows with labels (like "Fold" does for used key rows) Or something else to make the beat programming with my favourite VSTi as comfortable as Impulse does.
- And... please... VSTi midi outs! we can't live without 'em!

Exie

Post by Exie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Oh, and I join the pray for cloned clips. And suggest inherited clips - cloned MIDI clips, but modified in some places, and these modified places are marked with color, with ability to erase modified notes and undo changes one by one. Perfect for variation clips (this feature was rather ugly introduced in late Sonar, but there the inheritance is broken while modifying the clip, and thus, it is a standalone clip, not cloned anymore)

beubbo

Post by beubbo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:02 am

+1

yes, the "Turn/Shut the track the F%@# off" for freeing up CPU/Disk resources while experimenting with different tracks combinations should have been included a long time ago... please Ableton, please !!!

B