Seller's Remorse

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
dum

Seller's Remorse

Post by dum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Got any ?
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

malutki

Re: Seller's Remorse

Post by malutki » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

actually yes:

shouldn't have sold LSZ... :cry:
I'm going home

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 pm

My first keyboard was a Korg X2 that I sold to get a Yamaha CS2x because I wanted more knobs on a keyboard. In hindsight, the X2 was better in just about every way, though I still got a lot of use out of the CS2x while I had it.

necho

Post by necho » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Kinda wish I'd kept Maschine.

Although I really needed the cash.
_________
sigs suck.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm

I can top anybody on here. About 4 or so years ago I was living in apartment where I really didn't have any room for my mountain of hardware gear including a G4 tower Mac with Apple monitor, Emu rack sampler, Virus Indigo, about a half dozen effects processors, a guitar, a bass, and a huge music production oriented desk. My cousin who I was in bands with previously said I could store it in his music room in his house and it was the best option at the time. He could get some use out of it because I wasn't really using it.

About a year later we had a falling out largely based on his "I'm always right and I'm really successful despite my dysfunction family abandoning me. Worship me!" ego. He's really over the top with his anger issues and I'm usually really passive most of the time. So we just stopped talking or hanging out. To this day my gear is still at his place (as far as I know).

The crazier thing is I really don't have abandonment remorse because he's probably gotten more use out of all that gear then I would and ever since I discovered Live 5 it's been all about software and starting over.

A lot of my friends think I'm an idiot for the whole situation and you people probably feel the same even more so. Whatevs.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:21 pm

beats me wrote:A lot of my friends think I'm an idiot for the whole situation and you people probably feel the same even more so.
What you lack in proper gear possessiveness you make up for in your shrewd insight. :) HOwever... some yeaaars ago...

I had a pair of conga drums that were nice. I joined up with a band out in the suburbs of a city where I was living (in more or less abject poverty). I was reliant on the suburbanites with personal transport to intially haul them, where thereafter I could use public transportation to get to practice.

The various twerps involved began to lose interest, and so my congas were 'stranded' there. One of the bunch said they'd buy them from me, so I agreed, but then they realized I had no wherewithal to actually reclaim them, and welched on the deal.

Living in the dingier parts of the city, I could and in retrospect probably should, have enlisted the aid of underworld elements to secure what was rightfully mine, because it would have made a better post.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:23 pm

dum wrote:Got any ?
You're not gonna show us yours?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

no. I am so glad I got rid of that huge heavy guitar amp. Of this defunct PA-system.

We only should have kept and repaired the VW-van. But it wasn't sold, it just got abandoned and trashed.

v0ins315

Post by v0ins315 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Sold my CDJ800Mk2s. I planned on using the money for some studio equipment, but instead i got my lawn mowed all summer, and a couple of nose bleeds. :oops: Now I've got my eyes on 900s, but they are so damn expensive!
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:47 pm

mikemc wrote:
beats me wrote:A lot of my friends think I'm an idiot for the whole situation and you people probably feel the same even more so.
What you lack in proper gear possessiveness you make up for in your shrewd insight. :)
It was actually a really freeing situation starting from scratch and going from almost being completely hardware to almost completely software. I've learned so much more about production in that time than I ever did with hardware. I've never been much of a synthesis noodler and doing everything on hardware with a bunch of knobs, buttons, and paging through a tiny screen caused a lot of head scratching. Now with computer GUIs and better graphical representation than hardware I understand how things work a lot better.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:04 pm

I was in a similar situation years ago in college. Was really getting into playing live and producing, and my main set up was an MC505, SP808, and S3000XL with a mackie desk. Then one day the transmission went out on my car, and it was the only way I had to get to work and school. Ended up having to sell it all to fix the tranny. All I was left with was a Korg ER-1 and a friends MC303.

Shortly after getting it fixed, I was rear-ended and the car was totalled. With the insurance payout I was able to get a cheaper car, build my first PC, and get into Reason and Cubase.

madlab

Post by madlab » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm

MS20, JX3P, matrix 1000, needed the cash and the room...
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Selling my Minimoog and Wasp synths (although I had to as I could not bring them to Canada when I emigrated), although I got many times what I paid for them, I could have had more than double that again in this market.

Selling my Yamaha BBn4II jazz bass recently so I could keep the electricity from being disconnected :cry:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

madlab

Post by madlab » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:31 pm

jazz bass... sad.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 pm

I had to 'sell' out and join the establishment to feed my family. I am in the process of starting over as a nurse.
I'd much rather be 100% focused on music as I tried to do for a 10 year run.....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.