Hundreds of free sample and loop packs

Promote your gigs or events.
desbest

Hundreds of free sample and loop packs

Post by desbest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Sampleswap is the website where I got most of the loops and samples I use, because I submitted most of the samples I got there.

They've got an increasing range of loop and sample packs which cover a wide range of genres: dubstep, grime, bassline, funky house, house, hip-hop, r&b, african, and reggae.

http://sampleswap.uk.to
Last edited by desbest on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elementv

Post by elementv » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:57 pm

I think this site is dead?

desbest

Post by desbest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 am

It isn't because stuff has been downloaded 473 times from the site.
Last edited by desbest on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ytsek

Post by ytsek » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Is this a joke?

Where are the samples?

desbest> If you want to push your site make sure it works for the outside world. Check your permissions.

desbest

Post by desbest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:19 pm

How can you say its dead or that there's no samples if you haven't even signed up to the site?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 pm

desbest wrote:How can you say its dead or that there's no samples if you haven't even signed up to the site?
I for one haven't signed up because all I see is a blank page.

besides, what does a webpage have to do with the "local" section?

desbest

Post by desbest » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:21 pm

The site does not work on old versions of Safari, if that's what the problem is.

Grijak

Post by Grijak » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:00 pm

desbest

Post by desbest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:36 pm

That site requires you to download samples and loops one by one, and not in packs. Real producers have gigabytes of hard drive of space to fill with samples and loops.

Destro

Re:

Post by Destro » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:55 am

Grijak wrote:http://www.sampleswap.org/

Try This
Nice! This website compiles and zips all the samples you pick for easy downloading. And it's free!

agentwonderbread

Re:

Post by agentwonderbread » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:25 pm

desbest wrote:That site requires you to download samples and loops one by one, and not in packs. Real producers have gigabytes of hard drive of space to fill with samples and loops.

If you feel the need to pepper your discussion with phrases like "real producers" and have GB drive space pissing contests b/c no one loves your link... well, a "real producer" you ain't. Just a little interjection.

Thanks to the above for the sample swap link that was worth a damn (unlike the badly designed mailing list gathering POS from the OP complete with dead links.) I rarely rely on this kind of resource and usually try to record at source, steal single hits from commercial releases, or construct/program and mix my own loops and samples- but these resources are always valuable to me.

Just as a matter of referencing what prompted me to post- someone with confidence issues might have felt the need to say that recording at source etc.was the preferred practice of "real producers, or real samplists."

It always strikes me as such a bedwetting, mindless thing when people seem to be pursuing material absolutes in a field given to experimentation. All one needs to be a "real" producer is a satisfaction with their work and/or a paycheck for services rendered in a production capacity. In years of work I have NEVER heard anyone worth working with attempt to establish their "realness." "Real producers" know they are a producer even if their studio burns to the ground. The cult of "the right way" produces inflexible asshats who can't write record or think on their own initiative and tend to treat music as a dodge or a hustle- similarly, after years of attempting to devalue their peers along arbitrary standards, the inevitable result is that they also regularly underestimate the audience. Good luck with that.

mholloway

Re: Hundreds of free sample and loop packs

Post by mholloway » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:49 pm

awesome find! thanks so much, just grabbed a ton of stuff. and to whomever was complaining about it being non-pro and only allowing single sample downloads, they didn't even notice that the site will group all selected files for you, zip it up, and mail it to you! beautiful!

thanks again,
-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

desbest

Post by desbest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:55 pm

mholloway wrote:awesome find! thanks so much, just grabbed a ton of stuff. and to whomever was complaining about it being non-pro and only allowing single sample downloads, they didn't even notice that the site will group all selected files for you, zip it up, and mail it to you! beautiful!

thanks again,
-M
That's right. I personally name each file added to the website so you know what you are getting.

Also, if you're lucky you can download desbest instruments 1 and 2 which is a megapack. A pack containing lots of small packs.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Be careful with Sampleswap.org though - while they have a disclaimer that you should not upload copyrighted material, many samples uploaded there are very obviously ripped off from stuff like BigFish and Zero-G collections and you have no protection if someone should query your use of a sample you downloaded from Sampleswap. Sampleswap won't represent you in court !!

You're better off to use the open source http://www.freesound.org/ - although there could be samples there uploaded which shouldn't be, in my experience the vast majority are self created, especially ambiences and spoken word stuff.

Another good site is sonomic.com where you can buy one shots or multisamples a la carte and they also sell zero-g minipacks.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Xylote.com

Post by Xylote.com » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 pm

On Xylote.com we offer free loops and sounds if you subscribe to our weekly newsletter. This week we have 100MB of loops and sound effects to download in the "news" page. Enjoy!