to people in england..how big are the streets?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nathannn

to people in england..how big are the streets?

Post by nathannn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:31 am

i just discovered the streets, i noticed they or he has been out for a few years,
its making me wonder what else we are missing over here.
i love this music. its not really rap but more rhyming along with music.
the best part is this guys lyrics, they are so real, i love it!
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:45 am

the first I heard from them was 'Fit - But don't you know it' on the EA sports FIFA 2005 soccer game. INteresting lyrics on that song and 'Dry Your Eyes' was quite a big hit in Europe too.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 am

Quite big, I'd say. I think he was a real can't-go-anywhere-without-being-harrassed pop star for a few years... not sure about now, it's been a year or two I think.

The first album was to me what I think Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols was in '76... nothing was ever quite the same.
Last edited by noisetonepause on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:50 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTS6INVmZGI

Original Pirate Material.. lock down your aerial..
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:57 am

noisetonepause wrote:Quite big, I'd say. I think he was a real can't-go-anywhere-without-being-harrassed pop star for a few years... not sure about now, it's been a year or two I think.

The first album was to me what I think Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols was in '76... nothing was ever quite the same.
he's like a breath of fresh air for me. thats why i cant belive he is un heard of over here.
maybe they think there is no market here in the states.. maybe you guys just get fed better music through tv and radio than we do.
all i know is he needs to tour the states for a while im absolutely loving this stuff..especially dry your eyes and blinded by the light... the lyrics for them two songs are like a readout on the past 6 months of my life.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 am

i just finished listening to "a grand dont come for free"
that was great from start to finish!
this guy deserves a Grammy for this album.
absolute brilliant story telling lyrics.

no computers or synths

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:19 am

unheard of where?

the us??

bull

he was very popular here, not in an mtv way but in a hipster way at least..

the "big" release of vice records

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:46 am

I heard they were tiny, that's why they all drive tiny cars a la Mr Bean.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 am

I prefer the first album, Push Things Forward is a great track. All done on his own, in his bedroom with minimal kit.

There's hope for Live users yet! :D

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:53 am

The first album is a damn good peice of work; very original, and also very catchy. I didn't like the later releases as they sounded like he was pandering to his new-found target audience a little bit too much.

As far as 'How big are The Streets' goes; you don't hear Mike Skinner's name being thrown around too often. I don't think the NME are blowing his junk as much as they were when he first 'came onto the scene'. Then again, they are the premier 'musical fad' magazine. Cocksuckers.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

forge

Post by forge » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am

timothyallan wrote:I heard they were tiny, that's why they all drive tiny cars a la Mr Bean.

someone had to! :lol:

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 am

I think the pic is of Rouen in France...

thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 am

blinded by the lights is a great track :)
he was also quite up in denmark. I do like the fact he wasn't blown by mtv, too. Which means that when people think about the streets, they don't think of someone like 50cent but think about the music. I respect him (not 50cent)! He didn't make it with a good look or anything, but with talent and music. Its real art, not just commercial shit.

When i think 50 cent i think of some pumpy black man i don't think about music, nothing comes out. When i think the streets, i hear the music in my head.

though funny when i think elton john i see him in a red habit with his big round glasses.. STOP. what the heck

just my 50 cents.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 am

thefool wrote:just my 50 cents.
more like 0.005 cents

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 pm

timothyallan wrote:I heard they were tiny, that's why they all drive tiny cars a la Mr Bean.

i was thrown out of that pub once. i was accused of taking drugs but I never. :evil: