Can Live tell you what the key is of a sample?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
claudek

Can Live tell you what the key is of a sample?

Post by claudek » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:53 am

Do you know if Live can register what key the sample is? Or is taht more Melodyne stuff? I see this Scale box in Live 4 screenshots..What is that?

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:01 am

I am thinking that formant pitch and sample key detection (a' la Melodyne) will be a Live 5 feature...
Honestly this could be something that the simpler does already in v.4!
We will see...

TOMORROW!!!

(I hope)
I cant think of a sig

claudek

Post by claudek » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:21 am

I hope..

Re: Can Live tell you what the key is of a sample?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:26 am

claudek wrote:Do you know if Live can register what key the sample is? Or is taht more Melodyne stuff? I see this Scale box in Live 4 screenshots..What is that?
melodyne is the software for that

claudek

Post by claudek » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:27 am

does it work well?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:32 am

claudek wrote:does it work well?
Supposed to be very very good. iam comtemplating buying it at the moment. But i am wondering how it will work with live. i really need it to be co-ordinated within live i am not keen on using it in rewire slave mode

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:33 am

claudek wrote:does it work well?
If you mean Melodyne, yes, it works scaringly well. Unfortunately the GUI sucks excessively. (I tried the demo a few months ago, and even after going through the tutorials a few times, I couldn't help thinking that it must be the most ankward GUI ever designed. (Any current Melodyne users: has this changed in 1.5?))

claudek

Post by claudek » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:35 am

I would think Live could do this as well..Or a plugin that could do it with all the time shifting tools..

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:41 am

claudek wrote:I would think Live could do this as well..Or a plugin that could do it with all the time shifting tools..
nope. this is why melodyne i is so expensive. the matest version is 2.5

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:45 am

Melodyne allows me to do things I'd always dreamed of.

Peter Gabriel

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:46 am

With 1.5 Melodyne became the ONLY pitch / time editing software worth having. The quality of the algorithms and the ease of operation was unheard of in the world of audio-file editing. With 2.0, there is now officially NO competition.

S. Husky Höskulds

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:03 am

Guest, I am afraid you are in the wrong place for this type of rhetoric. Melodyne is quite incapable of delivering the type of time manipulation capable in Live. In the future, I have a great deal of confidence that Ableton will easily overcome Melodyne in the field of pitch manipulation. It is only a matter of time (excuse the pun).
I cant think of a sig

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:07 am

Vercengetorex wrote:Guest, I am afraid you are in the wrong place for this type of rhetoric. Melodyne is quite incapable of delivering the type of time manipulation capable in Live. In the future, I have a great deal of confidence that Ableton will easily overcome Melodyne in the field of pitch manipulation. It is only a matter of time (excuse the pun).
ok sorry for sharing my knowledge great Ceasar. i will follow your behest and skulk away into a corner as your infinite all seeing wisdom overpowers my weal intangible intelligence:

Alass ! :roll:

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:15 am

Vercengetorex wrote:Guest, I am afraid you are in the wrong place for this type of rhetoric. Melodyne is quite incapable of delivering the type of time manipulation capable in Live. In the future, I have a great deal of confidence that Ableton will easily overcome Melodyne in the field of pitch manipulation. It is only a matter of time (excuse the pun).
by the way fartrbreath did u vote for presidento el capitano Bush. You seem like a real stiff ass and i am dedecting a dose of the mind police from you ! :oops:

:D