Clip Area Editing

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Fledz

Clip Area Editing

Post by Fledz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:59 am

With the new Drum Racks (I'm now using them a lot) I can't find a simple little feature which can also apply to all other midi clips. In arrange view, say I take this clip from the drum rack and select a portion of the clip like this:

If I go into the midi note editor and change the notes around I would like the changes to only affect the selected area, not the entire clip. In other words something like this (pretend it wasn't split into 3 separate clips):

Currently, the only way you can do that is to split the clip into 3 (like you can see in the previous picture) and edit the one you want to. This is a little bit annoying.

Now, is this possible in Live 7 and I have just missed it or is it truly missing and I should move this into the Wishlist forum?

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:40 am

Can a mod move this to the Wishlist Forum please? I would PM one but I have no idea who the mods here actually are :|

djastroboy

Post by djastroboy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:11 pm

Fledz wrote:Can a mod move this to the Wishlist Forum please? I would PM one but I have no idea who the mods here actually are :|
Far as I know there are no moderators. You might as well just copy your post over there to the other forum if you feel like it.

Daim

Post by Daim » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:16 pm

why not consolidate the clip before editing?

edit: uh... got it

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:44 pm

djastroboy wrote:
Fledz wrote:Can a mod move this to the Wishlist Forum please? I would PM one but I have no idea who the mods here actually are :|
Far as I know there are no moderators. You might as well just copy your post over there to the other forum if you feel like it.
I thought I saw some green names but I guess not. Cheers, will do :)