Live Manual "change log" wanted!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support

Do you agree Ableton should provide a "change log" for Live Manual?

Yes!! Thanks!
100%
Definitely not.
No votes
I don't care
No votes

Total votes: 2

noou

Live Manual "change log" wanted!

Post by noou » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi all,

after having printed the Live manual (in order to read it more comfortably) I noticed that the last version (6.0.10) manual is 388 pages big instead of my 387...
As you can understand it's quite annoying to re-print everything and also to scroll the whole new manual in search of differences...
So, why not provide a simple change log with each new manual release?

BTW I found at least one difference between v6.0.10 and v6.0.6 manual (the one I printed). On p.291 there are a few lines of text about Simpler that were missing from former versions:
Each of the eight samples has a proprietary set of parameters, located in the area below the
sample slots and visible when the sample is clicked. Adjustments to sample settings are only
captured once you hit a new note they do not affect currently playing notes. Note that
this behavior also de nes how Impulse reacts to parameter changes from clip envelopes or
automation, which are applied once a new note starts. If you want to achieve continuous
changes as a note plays, you may want to use the Simpler. (Please note that devices cannot
be modulated by clip enveloped in Live LE and in some versions of Live Lite.)
I think it's quite interesting to know it!

Best,
Stefano
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
noou.bandcamp.com