wish: copy mapping to siblings (x)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
djsynchro

wish: copy mapping to siblings (x)

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Well the title says it all!
Just like "copy parameter to siblings", but this time for the macro mapping...
well useful I think.

tylenol

Re: wish: copy mapping to siblings (x)

Post by tylenol » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:16 pm

djsynchro wrote:Well the title says it all!
Just like "copy parameter to siblings", but this time for the macro mapping...
well useful I think.
This would be very useful in large racks...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:31 pm

I don't get it. Copy to Siblings works in racks with subracks already?

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Right now you can copy the value of a parameter to its siblings EG filter on, or filter a certain value, very useful!

But it would be also veeeeryyy useful to be able to attach filter cutoff ( for example) to a knob... and then copy that mapping to all the siblings, so know controls all the filters. To do that now you have to do it manually and that's no joke for a 64-slice loop!

By the way I think the Live slicer is the best thing since erm, sliced bread! :D

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Aaah (just read the sticky on presets) but I could first make a preset for the slicer with the macro mappings the way I want them... and then when I slice I won't have to manually do it for every slice cool!

Still it would be nice to have it as a right click command.

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:43 am

hoffman2k wrote:I don't get it. Copy to Siblings works in racks with subracks already?
The idea would be to assign macro mappings en masse, not just the values.

mdk

Post by mdk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 am

absolutely a copy to siblings for macros is desperately needed because as i noted in that preset thread, i cant find a way to setup default macro mappings for the 'dropping multiple samples' use case. so building drum racks by hand that are macro mapped is unnecessarily tedious.

similarly (ok this is getting OT, but while im moaning :) managing mappings for drum racks needs a better solution. If you have say 100 samplers all mapped in the same way it would be sensible to be able to edit the mapping range of all of them together. just allowing multiple selections in the mapping view would do it, then you could do a normal drag to change all of them keeping their relative positions (much like editing the velocity of multiple notes in the midi editor) and have a keyboard modifier which would set all the other selected range values to the same value as the particular one you click on out of the set.

hope that makes sense.

the new features are great, but without the means to manage them properly they'll be sadly underused because of the pain of setting everything up.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:34 am

as many copy to siblings options as possible would be useful. e.g. i wanted to make a drum rack monophonic, and had to change the choke group settings one by one. doable with key shortcuts but still tedious.

funk313

Post by funk313 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:59 am

yeah...copy macro settings to siblings +10000..

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 am

Hi,

As convenient as this could be, it's not something that would happen now, as such a feature would also create it's load of problems.

I'll move the thread to the Feature Wishlist forum. There, people can add there voice to the wish, and also the wish will still be alive once the beta forum is closed.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Dan Dare

Post by Dan Dare » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am

djsynchro wrote:Aaah (just read the sticky on presets) but I could first make a preset for the slicer with the macro mappings the way I want them... and then when I slice I won't have to manually do it for every slice cool!

Still it would be nice to have it as a right click command.
So what really bugs me is that if you want to layer a pad in the Drum Rack to make a Multi pad then it creates a new Macro with it's controls set to infinity off. This over rides the original Macro, and you can't map to outer macros so the original sample is now silenced unless you dig into the rack to change all the settings again.

Did you find a way to create a default so that all macros default to the same setting?

Sorry but creating defaults are a bit blurry to me, any help would be appreciated.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:41 am

tylenol wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:I don't get it. Copy to Siblings works in racks with subracks already?
The idea would be to assign macro mappings en masse, not just the values.
My bad. Read the post wrong.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:50 pm

an almighty bump

radicalcut

Post by radicalcut » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:52 am

+1, it'd be very useful

prebentious

Post by prebentious » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

+1