Audioease Speakerphone out now!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cabletone

Audioease Speakerphone out now!

Post by cabletone » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:33 pm

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Speakerp ... phone.html

They say its been tested with Live.

EARLGREY

Post by EARLGREY » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Absolutely awesome.........the possibilities!!

regards

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:51 am

Wow, after watching the demo, I am impressed. That is a lot of impulses... This looks like an incredible amout of fun and creativity for composition, and a great resource for semi-pro post production.
I cant think of a sig

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:36 am

I think this is an awesome idea that is in some ways badly executed.
I've never fully understood why audioease have never made their IR's as separate products that can be used in other IR hosts.
Is this version even cross compatible with ataverb?
I have Logic Pro,, so i use sound designer,, i don't need another IR host as i know how to use SD in concert with all the other logic plugs and can do every thing the other hosts offer,, but i would be all over Audioeas' IR's like flies on shit,,,

And by the way,,
WHEN WILL ABLETON BUILD AN IR HOST FOR LIVE!!!!
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

raapie

Post by raapie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:55 am

iZoptope Trash is also able to do this. like the concept, but it doesn't seem so flexible. it's based around models, phones etc.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

Machinesworking

Re: ..

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:25 am

raapie wrote:iZoptope Trash is also able to do this. like the concept, but it doesn't seem so flexible. it's based around models, phones etc.
Trash is nothing like this in sound though, this is really out of hand. As long as you can load your own Impulse responses in, speakers, etc. then I'm sold....... or rather I'm selling a bunch of gear to buy this. 8O

raapie

Post by raapie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 am

Trash is simulation instead of using impulses. But that can be very creatvie. You can create weird sounding soundboards with Trash though.
Marco Raaphorst

Machinesworking

Re: ..

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:55 am

raapie wrote:Trash is simulation instead of using impulses. But that can be very creatvie. You can create weird sounding soundboards with Trash though.
Absolutely. In my perfect world, I would own Trash, Ohmicide, and Speakerphone! and I probably will by the end of 08! Distortions algorithms all have their own flavor. This thing is more like a straight emulator though, and dead on at that.
If I can take an old radio shack speaker, cut holes in it record that sound, and load it into Speakerphone to use, and find my own toys etc. to make into vocal treatments, or record my trashed 60's Sears Silvertone amp that has oddly enough a nice guitar tone, then this thing is worth the money. :)

raapie

Post by raapie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:38 am

the real deal is great too: real old type speakers, analogue distortion etc. Tom, Waits paradise :)

I am a guitarplayer. Overdrive is the main thing. Not too much, just a hint of dirt is all I need :)

And as we speak, Tom Waits is playing on my media player. No joke!
Marco Raaphorst

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:20 am

EARLGREY wrote:Absolutely awesome.........the possibilities!!

regards
My thoughts exactly. This looks like an insane toybox of processing options. It's likely I will have to get this at some point... seeing how long I can hold out!
Image Image