Ableton Sampler Sale is Bull sh!#

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rogue Scrunt

Ableton Sampler Sale is Bull sh!#

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:56 am

Sampler is too costly, it should not be a paid upgrade.

Or, it should be a heck of a lot cheaper.
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:56 am

Enter the sample with Sampler.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:06 am

...and loop it..

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:16 am

he looped it, he looped it.
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

jamester

Re: Ableton Sampler Sale is Bull sh!#

Post by jamester » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:42 am

Rogue Scrunt wrote:Sampler is too costly, it should not be a paid upgrade.

I agree completely.

I got my hopes up Sampler was taking a Logic-styled reduction, only to see $50 off. The way I look at it, fifty bucks is not going to make or break the deal for someone who has gone this long without it. A hundred bucks, maybe. Probably, for me at least. But not fifty.

I think this shows that while the instruments may come down in price a bit, they probably won't be included in L7.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 am

jamester wrote:I think this shows that while the instruments may come down in price a bit, they probably won't be included in L7.
Then upgrading to Live 7 will not make any sense for me. Anybody that can use Logic 8 will be hard pressed to upgrade.
Like I said before, considering the workflow limitations in the arrangement view, I'll be using Logic for 90% of the writing, then porting to Live.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:12 am

jamester wrote:
Rogue Scrunt wrote:Sampler is too costly, it should not be a paid upgrade.

I agree completely.

I got my hopes up Sampler was taking a Logic-styled reduction, only to see $50 off. The way I look at it, fifty bucks is not going to make or break the deal for someone who has gone this long without it. A hundred bucks, maybe. Probably, for me at least. But not fifty.

I think this shows that while the instruments may come down in price a bit, they probably won't be included in L7.
where did you see the $50 off?

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:28 am

I think people who don't own Sampler got an email. Just click on it like you're going to buy it and you'll see the discount.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 am

say you drop the products price in half and you sell twice as many. yay now you made the same amount of money but you have twice as much customer support to take care of. that sounds like a terrible idea if you ask me.

maybe you think they should be included and thats ok for you to think but to sit around complaining about it is just futile. if you don't think Live is worth it's price then don't pay for it. if you thought Live was worth paying for then what are you complaining about? you got something you thought was a good value or you wouldn't have bought it.

it's like buying a bag of chips and then bitching about the fact that it doesn't come with salsa. "they should include the salsa man, you buy chips at chevys they give you salsa for free but here they make you pay for the salsa" well buddy, don't buy the damn chips if you don't think they are a good deal.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:08 am

well... it's $50 better than it was.

I don't think it's a good precedent to yell at a company when they drop prices :)

jamester

Post by jamester » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:18 am

Johnisfaster wrote:say you drop the products price in half and you sell twice as many. yay now you made the same amount of money but you have twice as much customer support to take care of. that sounds like a terrible idea if you ask me.
This is only true under a normal product purchase. A device that can only be used in Live, was made specifically for Live, and has been proven to work just peachy because of it...steps outside of the normal considerations IMO. And since it is but a digital file which costs no more to download than to not, and assuming the Abes have at least broken even by now with the development costs of Sampler...well, then it's "cut the price in half, sell twice as many, and make a shitload more money!"
maybe you think they should be included and thats ok for you to think but to sit around complaining about it is just futile.
I agree and FTR I am only complaining about this sale price. While I would love to see Sampler and Operator included in Live, I think it would be much more in Abe's interest to keep them seperate but drop the price enough to bring all the hesitators in.

jamester

Post by jamester » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:21 am

bigbadotis wrote: I don't think it's a good precedent to yell at a company when they drop prices :)
This is a sale price being advertised until Oct 1st. So in theory at least, the price hasn't been dropped and will go back up.

dmacintyre

Post by dmacintyre » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 am

You don't think they are dropping the price because it's about to be bundled in a new version of Live? Or something like that? You know, like when NI has a special deal on a product then announce a new Komplete bundle and the app you just bought became part of the upgrade.....
I invented coffee

LJN

Post by LJN » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 am

I got the Ableton mail offer this morning. From Ableton's point of view, 40€ off is probably quite a deal. But considering the pricing of the package itself (higher than Logic 8, slightly lower than Sonar 7), Sampler ought to be included in the bundle free of charge IMHO. I'd say this goes for Operator as well. Similar priced packages comes bundled with one or (quite often) several soft synthesis plugins but for Live the Operator is optional. Sure Live is a unique product in itself but I'm certain a great number of people doesn't recognize the unique things about Live and just compare the product to "similar" products. And then price and content matters.

steff3

Post by steff3 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:00 am

[quote="LJN"]I got the Ableton mail offer this morning. From Ableton's point of view, 40€ off is probably quite a deal. But considering the pricing of the package itself (higher than Logic 8, slightly lower than Sonar 7), Sampler ought to be included in the bundle free of charge IMHO. I'd say this goes for Operator as well. Similar priced packages comes bundled with one or (quite often) several soft synthesis plugins but for Live the Operator is optional. Sure Live is a unique product in itself but I'm certain a great number of people doesn't recognize the unique things about Live and just compare the product to "similar" products. And then price and content matters.[/quote]

the simpler and impulse are inculded and a quite nice set of plugins .....

maybe they should include another simple VA-synth - everyone wants that (nobody needs it, but ...)

For me Operator is one of the top soft-synth - I rate it at about the same as Zebra2, Absynth, Symptohm ..... and it is actually more affordable than those.

best