problem with axiom

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
guanche

problem with axiom

Post by guanche » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:14 pm

hi

sometimes when i´m working, live suddenly doesn´t receive any signal from my m-audio axiom 25. In the preferences MIDI tab everything is ok but the app just doesn´t receive. I realized it use to happend (not always) when i´m pressing one key in the axiom while tweaking any control with the mouse. Sometimes i just start live and from the beggining it dosn´t receive MIDI.

Can anybody help me? Does anybody else have the same issue?

Thank you in advance.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm having this exact same problem. I called up M-audio to ask what this was and they said it's probably a USB problem. Its USB seems to cut in and out and is interrupted by stuff connected to the computer. They told me to try a different USB slot but this hasn't fixed it. I will ring again tomorrow to see what else can be done.

I also can't get the keyboard or drum pads on my axiom 25 to work. Can't seem to see a 'map' mode for these anywhere. Any ideas?

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:20 pm

By the way, are you seeing an error in Windows telling you 'USB' device not recognised? When it cuts in and out. This is what i'm getting

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Wow. You know retards? I am one of those. It's easy to fix.

http://www.ableton.com/_common/download ... torial.zip

guanche

Post by guanche » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:37 am

By the way, are you seeing an error in Windows telling you 'USB' device not recognised?
Yes. I just installed again the driver. But is wierd: if i connect the axiom in a different USB port, i get this message again.

Let me know what do they tell you about the issue. And also about the disconnecting USB!!

guanche

Post by guanche » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:38 am

Wow. You know retards? I am one of those. It's easy to fix.
which retards? What do you mean?

The link is a live lesson about controlling live with axiom? It is pretty nice, but it´s nor gonna solve our problems. I got it and read it. It just shows how to control live devices and mixer and so with axiom. Anyway, pretty useful!!!

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:31 pm

I still get these messages about the USB device - though not when Live is running. My Axiom operates fully after following the tutorial. I'll have to ring M-Audio to get to the bottom of this 'USB Device Not Recognised' thing, as it still occurrs no matter which USB port I run it off.

guanche

Post by guanche » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am

Please, let me know what do they say!!

I didn´t have the message for the las two or three weeks but still the axiom get "virtualy unplugged" sometimes and i have to close live and run it again. I´m afraid those messages are close related to this.

Merci.

capo-wear-i

Post by capo-wear-i » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Are you using an external power supply ?

guanche

Post by guanche » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 pm

No, everything via USB

guanche

Post by guanche » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:46 pm

What happends is that i´m working and suddenly i play the keyb. and live doesn´t receive the data (i mean with an armed track and so...), or i push play in the axiom and live doesn´t start playing (and everything is well cofigured...). The axiom is still on and its LCD lites, so it´s like a communication breakdown between axiom and live (i guess).

Merci!!