DJ Grobe set free.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Do you think DJ Grobe is trying to rip off the ableton community(Product origanally $35)

Yes, heys a w*nker
40%
No, heys a good bloke, it's ok to lie about your projects.
60%

Total votes: 20

style_riser

DJ Grobe set free.

Post by style_riser » Wed May 23, 2007 12:53 pm

After much upset I here by say sorry to the whole community for my actions, I did not know that lieing was ok.
Last edited by style_riser on Fri May 25, 2007 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed May 23, 2007 1:26 pm

You wanted multitouch? You should have bought a lemur, then, instead of spending 35$ and hoping for an upgrade later on where he would give it to you. It's technically your fault for buying something that doesn't exist yet.

Caveat emptor, my friend.

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 pm

sqook wrote:You wanted multitouch? You should have bought a lemur, then, instead of spending 35$ and hoping for an upgrade later on where he would give it to you. It's technically your fault for buying something that doesn't exist yet.

Do you think im that stupid to buy grobes project?

trip_out

Post by trip_out » Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 pm

This is obvously a bit over the top. However you do have some points I agree with.

Firstly he will not get multitouch using the methods he wants. I know, this is actually what I do for a living.

Secondly he should most definately not make so many over the top wild statements, (DJ-Grobe, you've been doing this for years - I remember from the FS forums). This is mostly harmless, but if money is being recieved on the basis of these claim - it is deception.

However DJ-Grobe has made a pretty interface, it works, and he has explained how it has been made. He should feel free to advertise this and sell, it is nice, and being a Synthmaker user/developer too I find it interesting. I just hope that he cuts down on the BS if he wants to be taken seriously and professionally.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm

trip_out wrote: Secondly he should most definately not make so many over the top wild statements,
I agree with this
spreader of butter

compositeone

Post by compositeone » Wed May 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Personaly I read his posts and often think WTF?

I think this a language thing though I don't think he is trying to rip people off. I reckon he just gets a bit excited when posting then this mixed with the language problem makes his posts a bit crazy.

Even if you are right style_riser, and I would be happy to eat my words on that, I think the way you have gone about this has made you look like just as big a dick as, you are calling Grobe.

:D
http://www.myspace.com/compositeswerve

"So what kind of music do you make?"
"Both kinds...... drum and bass."

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed May 23, 2007 2:10 pm

style_riser wrote:
sqook wrote:You wanted multitouch? You should have bought a lemur, then, instead of spending 35$ and hoping for an upgrade later on where he would give it to you. It's technically your fault for buying something that doesn't exist yet.

Do you think im that stupid to buy grobes project?
Then why on earth are you bitching about it? Who cares, really?

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Grobe is a bright guy, obviously. He gets excited sure, but he has a bit of a reason to.

I agree with Sqook, why get so upset if you never paid the $35? If you didn't realize that your touch screen monitor cannot support multi-touch it's nobody's fault but your own.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 23, 2007 2:39 pm

I have lot of mails and request of people asking why not make free, from that reason not understand this guy, form some time ago the software its free......
The software its free and you can donate if you want and if not want just no donate. New version in the next 24hs : ) and free of course !!

This guy never buy something to me.......he not happy because he not like the project.......and never stop, after put some bad things on the post some guys just repply the project its ok and that now aprently turn this guy very mad.

style_riser...........you really should use better your time, i never fault to you and you never stop attack and attack and attack.
If you think this its funny, sorry mr but no is.

Best regards.
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Wed May 23, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Don't worry, dude. Your project is great, and I'm looking forward to it.

Ignore the assholes...

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 23, 2007 2:43 pm

this is good marketing, the more exposure the better =)

I'd like to announce my new & upcoming project, monotug
spreader of butter

minimal

Post by minimal » Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm

b0unce wrote:this is good marketing, the more exposure the better =)

I'd like to announce my new & upcoming project, monotug
monomug (coffeshop compatible model)
monodough (with melting cookie pieces)
mono d'oh (homer model)
monodog

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 23, 2007 2:47 pm

For me thsi its not good marketing, and its no fun......
I not have to do marketing my software its free !

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 23, 2007 2:49 pm

pipe down hammerhead

no make explain me you how for marketing works
spreader of butter

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed May 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Lol this is amazing i not make marketing, dont have idea who is style_riser lol and this its not really fun.
I really dont have to explain nothing to this guy, if he just read the name of my software one time and think a little he can understand MONO = 1 for taht reason the name of this software.......its so simple !! lol
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Wed May 23, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.