VISTA and Ableton. Meters are slow to refresh

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
vinkalmann

VISTA and Ableton. Meters are slow to refresh

Post by vinkalmann » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:39 pm

I am using Vista and am experiencing very slow meter response in Ableton. This happens both with native devices and add on VSTs. The meters appear like they would if there was a lot of latency. This problem does not happen in other audio apps like Sound Forge which leads me to think it's not an audio driver problem.

ThinkPad t60P
2GB memory
ATI FireGL v5200(256MB)
CoreDuo 2.0
Echo Indigo DJ
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

abbie

Post by abbie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:42 am

Yes, I have the same problem... Somebody knows a solution?

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:18 pm

The only solution I know about is to wait until Ableton Live releases a Vista compatible version.

leinad

Post by leinad » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:11 pm

I did not notice this. Maybe it's an issue with your graphics card, I had a Radeon 9700 which is the lowest acceptable to run in Aereo, but you might try switching to the Classic Windows Style.
8.1, Windows 7 (32 bit)

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:21 pm

leinad wrote:I did not notice this. Maybe it's an issue with your graphics card, I had a Radeon 9700 which is the lowest acceptable to run in Aereo, but you might try switching to the Classic Windows Style.
I was thinking along the same lines and tried switching to classic. Didn't do anything of note. In terms of graphic card performance I should be ok (I think). I'm using a ATI FireGLv5200(256mb) which I would think would be adequate.

Echo audio is supposedly releasing Vista drivers this week and hopefully that might help.

Anyone heard anything about an Ableton Vista version? I couldn't find any info on the Ableton site.
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]