everyone I know is dying.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

everyone I know is dying.

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:32 am

so my uncle has prostate cancer, my old friend david has aids and some form of cancer (he's f'ing 24), and my girlfriends friend duke just got aids and possibly a liver disorder. I'm not real close to any of these people but it certainly does hit you when you think about it.

partially it makes me want to focus on my music and produce some stuff while I'm around, and partially it makes me just think "whats the point I'm just gonna die"

by the way where did the phrase "I don't think we're gonna get out of life alive" come from? I may have botched it but thats the guist of it.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:45 am

that could be a Jim Morrison quote, sounds like something he'd say.
sorry to hear the news of your friends.

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:49 am

"5 to 1 baby,
1 in 5,
no one here gets out alive"

jim morrison

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:04 am

:roll:
Drums

ash1

Post by ash1 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:18 am

hi Johnisfaster
sorry to hear about your freinds.
both my parents passed away from this disease.
all my aunts and uncles as well its very hard to comprehend what life is all about after that little lot but what can you do my parents gave me life so i live it till the big guy wants a word .
keep smiling my freind best wishes.

Pete Fistula

Post by Pete Fistula » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:24 am

aids is gods way of telling gays their evil.
ask jackmazzotti..

ploy

Post by ploy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 am

life is a strange mystery, the ice you walk on is always getting thin and thinner - until you drown into the oceans of eternity. there life can be what life should be, beyond disbelief. don´t get me wrong, i won´t fkn moralize. my situation´s close to bad, sitting here with my 40% cystic fibrosis lungs, smoking and waiting for the next evening on alc pills, or the next sweet needleshot, watching all the others fade to grey like me does and you for sure - but from the hill of immortality (which is to come by no big surprise) nothing really matters, all is a horrible paradise, where love in all colours is the dangerous adventure.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:13 am

I'm sorry for Johnisfaster friends and himself.
That's the rule of the game nobody likes.
Life's a great adventure, but it ends at some point.
It's sad. But that's the way it is.
One thing for sure, your music your blogs will survive you,
in the great ocean of Neternity.
We have music to express our own emotions to fix in time a particular moment
or sensation. This might be of some help.
I haven't missed my parents yet, but it will happen and I'll be in a very sad mood. Some friend of mine already has. It has been bad like one can imagine. For now I'm close to you in spirit. Take care.

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

THE FREEEK

Post by THE FREEEK » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:41 am

Dude, I am sorry to hear about the sadness in your life, they say "life sucks and then you die" well life only sucks if you let it...

My aunt died lask week of a brain tumour, came totally out of the blue, she went into a coma and never recovered.

I have also lost about 8 friends in as many years thru drug related deaths(mainly suicide), none of them were above 28.

I have long since believed that music holds a special power that enables us to focus on all that is good and true in life(and the afterlife).

I am not religious and dont believe in God, but I believe in spiritual energy and I am sure that music is the doorway to inner peace.

I wish you luck and happiness for the rest of your days my friend, may they be fruitful and above all musical!

THE FREEEK

jb61264

Re: everyone I know is dying.

Post by jb61264 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:11 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:partially it makes me just think "whats the point I'm just gonna die"
The point is to make the most of what little time of existence (on the grand scale of things) we are blessed with...people pass away but their music keeps playing. There is no life without death and it sucks when you hear about the afflictions and suffering of others whether they are close or not.

I go through the same thought processes when I hear of someone I know passing away or being diagnosed with something terminal...but most of my thoughts are like "damn, i need to wake up tomorrow and start making more of what little time i have left"
3.2 GHz Windows XP, Live 7, Reason 4, FL Studio 7, Stylus RMX, Sytrus, Toxic III, Novation X-Station 49, Akai MPD24, EMu XK6, Roland MC-303, Gemini BPM5000 Mixer, MBox

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:15 pm

Loosing people is hard. All the best to you john. Keep your heart and mind on what makes you happy.

corygilbert

Post by corygilbert » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:20 pm

ploy wrote:life is a strange mystery, the ice you walk on is always getting thin and thinner - until you drown into the oceans of eternity. there life can be what life should be, beyond disbelief. don´t get me wrong, i won´t fkn moralize. my situation´s close to bad, sitting here with my 40% cystic fibrosis lungs, smoking and waiting for the next evening on alc pills, or the next sweet needleshot, watching all the others fade to grey like me does and you for sure - but from the hill of immortality (which is to come by no big surprise) nothing really matters, all is a horrible paradise, where love in all colours is the dangerous adventure.
of course he's from berlin :D

robin

Post by robin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 pm

ploy wrote:my situation´s close to bad, sitting here with my 40% cystic fibrosis lungs, smoking and waiting for the next evening on alc pills, or the next sweet needleshot, watching all the others fade to grey like me does and you for sure - but from the hill of immortality (which is to come by no big surprise) nothing really matters, all is a horrible paradise, where love in all colours is the dangerous adventure.
Y'know Ploy I too have Cystic Fibrosis. I've just come out of hospital after a course of IV antibiotics (which appears to have worked).

It's things like that that make me embrace life for what it's worth (in my better moments at least).

John I'm sorry to hear of your friends and family.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:03 pm

I had cancer last year, and my mom too. She had breast cancer, and I had a sarcoma taken out of my shoulder. Both of us were getting radiation threatment at the same time. Luckily, no chemo for either of us. I still have to get MRI scans every 4 months, and chest X-rays to make sure it doesn't spread to my lungs. So far, all looks well... but not in the clear yet.

Pretty strange to be going through that at the same time as your mom, especially when I am only 28 years old.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

electrosmith

Post by electrosmith » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:12 pm

[quote="Pete Fistula"]aids is gods way of telling gays their evil.
[/quote]

8O is that a joke???
Live 6.0.7, Reason 3, samples and plugs

Toshiba Satellite A70, Echo Indigo I/O, MOTU Traveler, M-Audio o2, live percussion & flutes