Got a worm reformatted opened up my set and things are amiss

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Wesley

Got a worm reformatted opened up my set and things are amiss

Post by Wesley » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Let me start by saying, I'm very new to live. So far I've just wrapped my head around using the warp markers and using a midi controller, so I 'can' actually play a set.

I got the win32 parite. Dunno where it came from, but it eats .exe files, including explorer.exe, so windows went down in flames.

After reinstalling everything I open up my set and some (not all) of my warped songs are off. Here is where it gets weird. The warp markers are roughly 1/16 to the right of where they should be. They jump when I zoom in. They'll look like they're on the beat, but upon zooming they literally jump to being off the beat. Likewise, if I fix the warp marker whilst zoomed in and then zoom out it will jump off the beat. I think the zoomed in appearance is correct, but still, I don't wanna re-warp all these songs. Anyway, why is it just 'some' of my songs/clips, and the others are fine, and zooming doesn't do anything weird. Is there a setting I need to fix? I've searched the forums quite a bit, this is the first thing I haven't found an anwer to. While I'm hear, do I need those analysis files? Someone said they had a problem after a nasty worm problem and they disabled those. I was under the impression that those files 'were' the warp info, I need to read up on that. Anyway, if somebody knows how to fix this issue I'd love you for it. For the record though, this live set (self contained) has been through a lot, transferred off a dead laptop to a desktop with linux, and then burnt to an ext. drive with windows. I'm at a loss. I'd just like to save the time of rebuilding my set, wish the autodetect thing was more accurate.

Thanks,

-Wes

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:14 am

bummer.

you can select all warp markers (ctrl-a) and move them all at once, or you can use ctrl-select or shift-select.

good luck!

Wesley

Post by Wesley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:42 am

hrm, that might be the answer here.

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:57 am

And get anti-virus protection!!!!!

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 am

tokyojoe69 wrote:And get anti-virus protection!!!!!
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II