sampler

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mw

sampler

Post by mw » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:30 am

i use simpler and i really like it...however its a bit limited in what it can do...

i really love the way you can drag in drop samples in and visually set up the loop parts, start/end points etc

do you think it'll be any good compared to other vst samplers about?

i am in the market for one

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:01 pm

sampler is simpler on roids or acid, whichever you prefer. Extremely powerful and flexible. Integrates perfectly into Live as well. gotta say its prob my favorite inst right now.

mw

Post by mw » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:49 pm

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:sampler is simpler on roids or acid, whichever you prefer. Extremely powerful and flexible. Integrates perfectly into Live as well. gotta say its prob my favorite inst right now.
and compared to the likes of Kontakt how does it fair?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:04 pm

Go back to the threads just after the Live 6 beta release, there was a LOT of very good debate on Sampler vs. other products in its price range. In the end Sampler uses very very very little CPU, which means you can use more of them and close the feature gap between Sampler and other programs.

For $200 there are definitely other options. I'm still on the fence.

mw

Post by mw » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:21 pm

ta...i had a look into that

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:37 am

mw wrote:
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:sampler is simpler on roids or acid, whichever you prefer. Extremely powerful and flexible. Integrates perfectly into Live as well. gotta say its prob my favorite inst right now.
and compared to the likes of Kontakt how does it fair?

dont own kontakt, but from what i remember it wasnt to intuitive. Sampler is really easy to get to gips with. As far as properly importing multis with sampler, i havent tried yet, Also, it seems like it was built with racks in mind.

Mike