moog little phatty video

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

moog little phatty video

Post by glu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCXIpIC ... ed&search=

So, what do you think> ?

It sounds pretty good, the setup is smart, but I still find myself wanting more knobs. Also, the shape is a bit ackward, kind of bulky.

Leds kick ass.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:42 am

honostly how could it possibly sound good when it was recorded with a video camera?

it could be a vst run via midi out the moog for all we know.
prolly isn't, just sayin that the sound quality is impossible to really know

edit: ps. don't they cost like 3 grand? wayyyy overpriced considering how many less expensive options you can go with that sound almost identicle.

edit again: apparently it's only 1300, much more reasonable. I got my nord 2 for that quite a few years back.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:honostly how could it possibly sound good when it was recorded with a video camera?
Use the external mic in, and voilà :)
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:11 pm

Sorry but that man is a moron, it sounds like shit because of him more then the camera. I checked this synth on the Messe and it does not sound like "that", despite very unpractical form, unless you keep it at home only, idiotic name, like of some bloody cartoon character but in real life it sounds amazing for the money, how could you compare to Clavia??? it is real analog! ( I like Clavia but this is real Moog) Could it be VAs killer? I think so, maybe will bring their "über" prices to the reality.

snowtires

Post by snowtires » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:25 pm

god dammit, people, learn how to pronounce the man's last name. moog, as in MOW the lawn, plug a 'g' on the end. that dude definitely demoed the most useful sounds on that thing, too. looks like the backbone to his sound is stuff that sounds like it's from a 50's sci-fi movie

glu

Post by glu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:08 pm

I have heard other samples, so this wasn't the first time hearing it. This was however the first time for me to see some interaction between user and the new moog.

The guy in the video was a dipshit, haha, but better that the one coming from the moog site, which will make you fall asleep.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:18 pm

they should have daft punk give a proper demo.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 pm

rikhyray wrote:Sorry but that man is a moron, it sounds like shit because of him more then the camera. I checked this synth on the Messe and it does not sound like "that", despite very unpractical form, unless you keep it at home only, idiotic name, like of some bloody cartoon character but in real life it sounds amazing for the money, how could you compare to Clavia??? it is real analog! ( I like Clavia but this is real Moog) Could it be VAs killer? I think so, maybe will bring their "über" prices to the reality.
I compared it to clavia? nah... I compared the price. and the nord sounds fantastic as well so I figured they could be in the same conversation. though they are very different beasts of course.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 pm

snowtires wrote:god dammit, people, learn how to pronounce the man's last name. moog, as in MOW the lawn, plug a 'g' on the end. that dude definitely demoed the most useful sounds on that thing, too. looks like the backbone to his sound is stuff that sounds like it's from a 50's sci-fi movie
I watched the documentary of moog and he actually pronounces it the incorrect way a few times, the man himself. so give it up. ;)

hyerstay

Post by hyerstay » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:16 am

Bob, son of Moog.

Qapla!