(OT) Yeah!!! the World Cup has started!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
meep_audio

(OT) Yeah!!! the World Cup has started!!

Post by meep_audio » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:42 pm

As this is an international forum, i got to ask....

Who else is feeling it?!

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:45 pm

took off work to watch both games today. the openner was wonderful! 4-2 germany. however germany's D looked real bad, i dont know how they would do against a tough team.

i'm watching poland lose 2-0 to ecudaor now.

meep_audio

Post by meep_audio » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:53 pm

really enjoyed the Gemany game.

Amazed at Poland losing!

Where you from? I take it you had a good day off?!

womoma

Post by womoma » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 pm

i was so disappointed with the poland game. im in ireland and we have lots of polish living here and we love them very much. im worried poland wont make it out of the group:(

Im looking forward to watching england tomorrow. They have some fantastic players.

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:57 pm

It was great here, no traffic this morning (guess most people took off work to watch the game) :D

I was walking between buildings at work and heard a collective roar across the city, I later found out Costa Rica scored their first goal. They really love their football here.

martin808

Post by martin808 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:46 pm

womoma wrote: Im looking forward to watching england tomorrow. They have some fantastic players.
they do have a really good team and could win it..but i hope they get humped :lol:

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:08 am

i wish there was coverage of the WC here in california. Might get a couple games if we're lucky.

:cry:
Self-hating american.

marky

Post by marky » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:13 am

martin808 wrote:
womoma wrote: Im looking forward to watching england tomorrow. They have some fantastic players.
they do have a really good team and could win it..but i hope they get humped :lol:
Seconded.

I have friends in London who'll leave the country if England win :D
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:43 am

marky wrote:
martin808 wrote:
Seconded.
I have friends in London who'll leave the country if England win :D

I find that a little strange - friends living in London who will leave if England win?

so, they are in England, presumably surrounded by English , but if England win they will leave.

If they are the usual chip on shoulder type - then why are they living in England? It's like being stuck-record about WW2 and moving to Berlin to do your moaning.

Hey, they must really hate the English these friends of yours!
They sound great. :roll:

I'd love to reciprocate and boo the Scottish team in an International sometime, but sadly I love to support the underdogs.
When present

martin808

Post by martin808 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:57 am

aw come on. dont roll your eyes. its just a bit of fun. The English are our enemies. we love to hate them.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:15 am

Yeah, well ...
I'm what they call "a Manc" and I live in Liverpool, have done for about 20 years.

I guess the old rivalries have worn me a little thin on the subject - the fun goes away.

I used to work with a guy who spent a week trying to tell me why the chant "kill all Mancs" was totally valid and hillarious and I was just a big pussy to object in any way, or to his LFC "we hate all mancs" t-shirt .
Great one, "how about black mancs, or jewish mancs, got anything special for them?" I said - whoa! that was bang out of order apparently.

I do a mean scouse accent for match days. It's saved my bacon a number of times.
Like I say, after 20 years it kind gets annoying.

I'm not a typical football fan though - I was quite glad to see Germany get 4 today, as the hosts and all. Not a common English footballing sentiment I imagine.

martin808

Post by martin808 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:20 am

I dont want to kill english nor do i really hate them. I just want their team to lose. where's the harm in that. It's football were talking about. thats all.

forge

Post by forge » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:28 am

Angstrom wrote:Yeah, well ...
I'm what they call "a Manc" and I live in Liverpool, have done for about 20 years.

I guess the old rivalries have worn me a little thin on the subject - the fun goes away.

I used to work with a guy who spent a week trying to tell me why the chant "kill all Mancs" was totally valid and hillarious and I was just a big pussy to object in any way, or to his LFC "we hate all mancs" t-shirt .
Great one, "how about black mancs, or jewish mancs, got anything special for them?" I said - whoa! that was bang out of order apparently.

I do a mean scouse accent for match days. It's saved my bacon a number of times.
Like I say, after 20 years it kind gets annoying.

I'm not a typical football fan though - I was quite glad to see Germany get 4 today, as the hosts and all. Not a common English footballing sentiment I imagine.
:lol: :lol:

well I'm the son of a "manc" and a 'wegian - work that one out!

I went to someone's house in Chelmsford, Essex about 5 years ago to watch something when England beat Germany for the first in ages....when the game was finished the whole street erupted into this mad street party with conga lines and the chants "we all hate the germans, we all hate the gemans, nah nah nah hey! nah nah nah hey!" and the other clasic "2 world wars and one world cup, doo dah - doo dah. 2 world wars and one world cup oh doo dah day!"

then just as suddenly it was over. hilarious.

but I agree - even though being half Scot and half english I know all about both sides or that rivalry, I cant think of anywhere better to be than London if England won the world cup for the first time in 40 years

the whole country would be ecstatic and I would feel quite sad to miss it.

in fact I could think of nothing better than to hear the last of that bloody pathetic banging on people STILL do about 1966.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:47 am

If we win, which is about one of the largest IFs I've ever uttered, right next to "If I become ruler of this planet"
well, it would be absolutely amazing, it would be guaranteed hillarious.

When Liverpool won the champions league and got the keep the cup, well Liverpool was absolutely unbelievable. People went mad with happiness. We went driving around town just because it was so insane, I saw a guy in his back garden bouncing up and down on a trampoline waving huge LFC flags. The whole city went beserk, people were riding around standing on the rooves of busses and the drivers didn't seem to mind !!!

If England ever win the fucker it will be like that all over the country. just excellent.

If I never hear about 1966 again it will be too soon though
Last edited by Angstrom on Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:48 am

I am looking forward to England tomorrow. Ivory Coast/Argentina too.

Germany's back looked a bit pourous, not many caps among the defenders I believe