OT: buying a laptop in Taipei

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
husker

OT: buying a laptop in Taipei

Post by husker » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi there, i'm in Taipei for a couple of weeks and thought I might take the oportunity to update the laptop to something fast and dual core :-)

ASUS and ACER have both anounced dual core machines...and with Taipei being their home, MAYBE I can find them here? Can anyone offer advice on where to pick up the latest and greatest ASUS or ACER laptop in Taipei?

Cheers, Wayne.

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:23 pm

You could try NOVA. It is opp. Sun Kong Mitsukohi near the main train station. It is a big market try thing with 'NOVA' written in big letters outside.

Otherwise there is a computer market but I forget the name. I will have a look on the map when I get home tonight and update tomorrrow

Do you speak Chinese?

husker

Post by husker » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks! I'll try Nova.

No I don't speak Chinese, but my wife does...

We checked out the 'computer market' (there's 2 now, as half of them have moved to a new building), though i'm a little weary abut buying from a small shop something so expensive...

Cheers, Wayne.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:05 am

just curious, how expensive are the computers there?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:17 am

husker wrote:Thanks! I'll try Nova.

No I don't speak Chinese, but my wife does...

We checked out the 'computer market' (there's 2 now, as half of them have moved to a new building), though i'm a little weary abut buying from a small shop something so expensive...

Cheers, Wayne.
in Guanghua, if you go to the where the bridge/freeway by the university meets the main shopping road, there will be an orange building and an entrance to an underground arcade.

in here you will find many reputable businesses who are seemingly small stores, but they are simply the 'retail' outlet for bigger companies.

when you get to the first underground level, follow turn left at the stairs and go straight (following the big yellow computermart type store) until you get to the last place you can turn right.

there will be a girl called Fibi and a guy called Hanjen, tell them you are a friend of Andy and Shawn's and he will help you out with a better price.

i'll post their phone number once i dig it up.