Push 3 as hardware controller

Discuss Push with other users.
grimleyj

Push 3 as hardware controller

Post by grimleyj » Sat May 11, 2024 8:44 pm

Reposting from the Elektronauts forum:

Is there a better way of mapping plugin controls to Push 3? Let me explain what I am trying to do. I was hoping to use P3 to program a Toraiz AS-1 as the built-in AS-1 UI is less than ideal. I purchased the CodeKnobs AS-1 editor and used the Configure option in the Ableton device title bar to add all the parameters in the editor. These do show up on Push in pages listed as Bank 1, Bank 2 etc. Is it possible to rename these. For example “oscillators”, “filter” etc.? As it stands, it is worse than using the AS-1 interface itself! Also, less than ideal is the fact that oscillator pitch shows the note value in Ableton, but 0-1.0 on Push. Toggle buttons are worse - on/off in Ableton, continuously variable from 0 to 1.0 on Push. Maybe this is only possible by writing a custom M4L patch?

grimleyj

Re: Push 3 as hardware controller

Post by grimleyj » Sat May 11, 2024 8:45 pm

And my follow-up on the same forum …

I downloaded the Driven By Moss extension for Bitwig and was very pleasantly surprised to see all these issues are not an issue with Bitwig. In a few minutes I had an excellent controller setup on Push 3 with Bitwig for the AS-1.
Seems totally bonkers to me that the Push 3 cannot do this standalone or in Ableton controller mode but can with a 3rd party DAW!