I'm new with Push, but is there really no way to copy/paste notes in a midi clip? seriously??

Discuss Push with other users.
TheLoudest

I'm new with Push, but is there really no way to copy/paste notes in a midi clip? seriously??

Post by TheLoudest » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:28 pm

I found it very strange not to see the usual "copy&paste" buttons on the hardware
but this (very) basic function is really absent on the Push?
I can't believe it

please tell me I've missed something obvious...

When editing notes in a midi clip, how can I copy/paste the selected notes :?: :|

drez

Re: I'm new with Push, but is there really no way to copy/paste notes in a midi clip? seriously??

Post by drez » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:39 pm

Does section 7.4.2 of the manual not do what you want?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

TheLoudest

Re: I'm new with Push, but is there really no way to copy/paste notes in a midi clip? seriously??

Post by TheLoudest » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:49 pm

drez wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:39 pm
Does section 7.4.2 of the manual not do what you want?
I don't think so.

If I have several notes selected (with the jogwheel) and I want to copy/paste this group of notes, I have no way of doing it?

I think that the method that "duplicates" steps on the pads is not adapted to clips that contain a lot of notes...
and especially if you don't necessarily need to copy all the notes on a specific position/step...

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:54 pm

I tried pressing shift or select and turning the position knob to mimic the software's alt+mouse combination that lets you quickly copy/paste/move all the selected notes.
but without success....
that would be too good... :cry:

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:20 am

No, there's no such feature. If you want to return your Push for this reason and other reasons, you might find out you can't.

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:07 am

resequenced wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:20 am
No, there's no such feature. If you want to return your Push for this reason and other reasons, you might find out you can't.
For the time being, I have no intention of returning the Push because I'm convinced it will be implemented quickly.
Am I naive? Perhaps I am...
but I tell myself they can't leave things as they are...
now that they've got a stand-alone product, they'll realize that there are a whole bunch of (basic) actions for which users had got into the habit of using their mouse instead of Push, because they weren't possible directly on the controller
but all this will have to be integrated into the hardware now that we only have Push.

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:10 am

A quick search revealed viewtopic.php?t=218434&start=30

This has been requested many years ago for Push 2. It's still not implemented. I wouldn't expect it to be implemented.

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:17 am

resequenced wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:10 am

This has been requested many years ago for Push 2. It's still not implemented. I wouldn't expect it to be implemented.
yes I had seen this thread too :? and, of course, I'm a bit worried that Ableton doesn't take these requests into consideration
but I repeat that, until now, it was only a "controller"...and so there was always the possibility of doing the other actions with the mouse...
now this is no longer the case

Ableton can no longer respond: "you have to use the software to do this" (otherwise, you might as well buy the controller version for 900e...)

so they'll have to do it, I think.

vertgrall

Post by vertgrall » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:35 am

TheLoudest wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:17 am
resequenced wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:10 am

yes I had seen this thread too :? and, of course, I'm a bit worried that Ableton doesn't take these requests into consideration
but I repeat that, until now, it was only a "controller"...and so there was always the possibility of doing the other actions with the mouse...
now this is no longer the case

Ableton can no longer respond: "you have to use the software to do this" (otherwise, you might as well buy the controller version for 900e...)

so they'll have to do it, I think.

You seem delusional. Respectfully.

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:39 am

vertgrall wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:35 am
you're probably right

but just to be clear,
am I delusional in wanting a simple copy/paste function in a sequencer? Or thinking that Ableton will do it?

vertgrall

Post by vertgrall » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:47 am

TheLoudest wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:39 am
vertgrall wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:35 am
you're probably right

but just to be clear,
am I delusional in wanting a simple copy/paste function in a sequencer? Or thinking that Ableton will do it?

Thinking ableton will do it. Trust me I think we'd all want that feature.
And for the record saying you're delusional is a bit much. I apologize for that.

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:55 am

The only positive thing of my Push 3 acquisition is that Ableton has cured my GAS permanently. That's not a statement about being impressed with the product or the experience of being Ableton's customer being a good one. I simply don't want to give them or any other company money for such hardware.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:20 pm

vertgrall wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:47 am
And for the record saying you're delusional is a bit much. I apologize for that.
Thank you for that.
Ableton Forum Administrator

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 pm

resequenced wrote:
Please stop spreading misinformation, anyone that wants to return their Push will be able to. I know it’s hard when you’re unhappy with a product and want your money back, but please be patient a little more and Support will get back to you with instructions. If you continue to make up falsehoods like this, you will not be allowed to use the forums.
Ableton Forum Administrator

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:31 pm

[erm] wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 pm
resequenced wrote:
Please stop spreading misinformation, anyone that wants to return their Push will be able to. I know it’s hard when you’re unhappy with a product and want your money back, but please be patient a little more and Support will get back to you with instructions. If you continue to make up falsehoods like this, you will not be allowed to use the forums.
You're right. Posting here isn't going to help. You won't have to take action regarding your threat to ban me.

As for support, I'll believe it when I see it. Please excuse me if I don't trust Ableton anymore.