keylab 88 mkii and live 11 intro

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
lisiecki1

keylab 88 mkii and live 11 intro

Post by lisiecki1 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:11 pm

Computer is a Ryzen 7 16 core, 4.7Ghz, 16 Gb ram, 1Tb hd, running Ableton Live 11 Intro, all drivers and software most current version.

I've watched a number of videos showing this controller doing the exact looping I'm trying to accomplish, but I can't seem to find a video specifying how things are setup to make it work. I'm trying to set it up to use the drum pads to trigger recording/playback of loops but it won't cooperate. I can program the midi to toggle the track arm but it doesn't start recording when I arm it. I'm sure I'm missing a simple setting somewhere ( I bet I've looked at it 100 times), but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get things setup for live looping in ableton 11 Intro with my new keylab 88 mkii.

Is there a decent video on setup and use that I just can’t seem to locate?

I've watched quite a few setup videos but none seem to have a solution.

Ive searched here and on the arturia forums but haven’t been able to find any posts about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

maximejerryfraisse

Re: keylab 88 mkii and live 11 intro

Post by maximejerryfraisse » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:09 pm

It seems that you misunderstand something about recording in Ableton : to arm ≠ to start recording. You have to launch a clip in order to start recording. Note that an other solution is to switch on Session Record Button when a clip is already playing.

Some tips : you could MIDI map different pads to multiple Clip Slot. Using each pad as a record / playback button. OR you could build a system with two navigation buttons and a single record / playback button. Using Scene Up, Scene Down and Track Launch which are mappable buttons, only visible in MIDI Map Mode.

Let me know if that helps.
maximejerryfraisse / what I do = [INSTAGRAM]

lisiecki1

Re: keylab 88 mkii and live 11 intro

Post by lisiecki1 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:49 pm

I went back and reviewed some looping performances and watched exactly how they were managing tracks and got it figured out.

Its a bit more involved than I would like, but perhaps I can streamline the process after gaining more understanding of how different settings affect usage.