APC40 MK2 scene launch issue?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
emilio airhorn

APC40 MK2 scene launch issue?

Post by emilio airhorn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:11 pm

hello, i am working on putting a live set together. i move down and to the right on the clip matrix using the bank select arrows as i go through the routine. i've noticed that when i have the focus far to the right (17+ tracks out), the clip and scene launch buttons no longer pulse green in the time between when i hit the scene launch button and when the clips actually launch. sometimes the clip launch buttons don't light up green at all when they are playing. but if i scroll further left with the bank select, everything works fine on the same buttons. all of the sounds play normally, it's just a matter of the engaged clips lights responding. this visual cue is super helpful for me so it's a big pain that it isn't working. does anyone have any clue what would cause this odd behavior? i'm using live 9.5 on windows 8.1

thanks!

blacktartan

Re: APC40 MK2 scene launch issue?

Post by blacktartan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue, quite frustrating. Did you manage to solve it/find a solution?

emilio airhorn

Post by emilio airhorn » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm

oh wow, i forgot about this. i did resolve this issue, but unfortunately i can't recall how. looks like i posted this on the same day i had a gig, and i definitely fixed it by showtime.. keep digging for answers and messing around with it, it might be a MIDI preferences thing? sorry i can't be of more help :oops: ..best of luck!

wunderkyn

Post by wunderkyn » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this? All my buttons are working working except the scene launch buttons, and I can't find a fix for this.

frankmoon

Post by frankmoon » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:31 pm

I have the same issue.
TBH I don't trust Akai much. I've hand device controls stop working, pan/send/user buttons stop working, clip buttons stop working, all on an APC40mkii that was just over a year old and hadn't seen a lot of use. I gave up on it, but just got it out again to try it one more time and it's now fully working except for the scene launch buttons! Not sure what to do about it, anyone find a fix for it?

dsu

Post by dsu » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:28 am

frankmoon wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:31 pm
I have the same issue.
TBH I don't trust Akai much. I've hand device controls stop working, pan/send/user buttons stop working, clip buttons stop working, all on an APC40mkii that was just over a year old and hadn't seen a lot of use. I gave up on it, but just got it out again to try it one more time and it's now fully working except for the scene launch buttons! Not sure what to do about it, anyone find a fix for it?
I had a similar issue with the APC-40 Mk2. In my case the solo buttons were disabled. The APC-40 was plugged into a USB active hub along with an Akai MPK mini and an Arturia Keystep. I plugged the APC-40 into its own USB port on the Mac and everything went back to working properly. Never dug any deeper.

dsu