Shoutout to STRAY (NativeKontrol)!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sporkles

Shoutout to STRAY (NativeKontrol)!

Post by sporkles » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm

http://www.nativekontrol.com/

There's no way Ableton and AKAI haven't drawn a lot of inspiration from his work.

The work that Stray has put into improving controllers over the years, expanding their functionality in ways that complacent manufacturers couldn't be arsed into even considering, is absolutely priceless.

Take a look at the features of his LPC script for the Launchpad, for instance - and then take a look at the features of the new Push controller. Basically, they've taken all his ideas and made a controller that's better suited/streamlined for them.

Respect!

simpleton

Re: Shoutout to STRAY (NativeKontrol)!

Post by simpleton » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:03 pm

bastards!
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

bartend7

Post by bartend7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:37 pm

i get the feeling he was involved. months ago someone asked on his site, why he didnt work for ableton. He basically said he wasnt at liberty to discuss any contracts or work he did for companies.

your right though,, i already have lpc, and mapease for the nanokontrol... so the push to me is kinda pointless. i can already do all that. I'm worried about what will happen to these programs with live 9.... but he will probably do right.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Stray is about to raise the bar again, believe that.

bartend7

Post by bartend7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:52 pm

he just did with mapease.. but everyone's asleep on it. it turned my nanokontrol 2 into a powerful device. ( it does browser with no mouse)
Last edited by bartend7 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm very familiar with MapEase
yet I imagine Stray is already working on Live 9 goods.
I can already picture a few advancements that will be made to ClyphX and MapEase, I'm pretty certain Stray is way ahead of all of us.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 am

For sure, Stray has had a big influence on Human/Machine music interface. Big ups!

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:03 am

agreed... top notch stuff out of native-kontrol...
Stray should get a Nobel prize... or a music industry equivalent...
can't imagine the LP without LPC now that I have it...

and how about that ClyphXXX...?

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 am

I have always wanted an active lcd readout on the actual controller, so I will probably have no choice but to get Push, But my apc40 with the nativeKONTROL apC-CL3+TC3 script alone, without even counting all the other nativeKONTROL apps, already seems more functional than PUSH. If I didn't REALLY REALLY want the lcd readout, there's no way I would even consider PUSH. Even if I had printed overlays for the apC-CL3+TC3, I wouldn't need Push.

And let's not forget that Korg also jacked Stray's work with the nano series.

Ableton, Akai, and Korg need to public admit that Stray brought their products to a new level!!!!!

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:21 am

Everyone here should also be thanking NI for Maschine because if it wasn't for Maschine showing everyone what's possible with the combination of hardware/software you wouldn't see any of these companies coming out with all these tightly integrated pieces of gear.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:14 am

The thing that, er, pushes Push out ahead of a launchpad with LPC script for me would be velocity sensitivity.

dewaldo

Post by dewaldo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am

sporkles wrote:http://www.nativekontrol.com/

There's no way Ableton and AKAI haven't drawn a lot of inspiration from his work.

The work that Stray has put into improving controllers over the years, expanding their functionality in ways that complacent manufacturers couldn't be arsed into even considering, is absolutely priceless.

Take a look at the features of his LPC script for the Launchpad, for instance - and then take a look at the features of the new Push controller. Basically, they've taken all his ideas and made a controller that's better suited/streamlined for them.

Respect!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Jkyw896xms#! what Stray is showcasing from 1:42 on looks a lot like what is in Push.... and this was made three years ago. Bravo stray

allanaceflyer

Post by allanaceflyer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 am

nativekontrol is ace! i use it on lanchpad with a novation sl zero.you could add push too more is more.i also got nativekontrol on korg pad you can change to it when velocity is needed.
stray is a top guy

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:45 pm

dewaldo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Jkyw896xms#! what Stray is showcasing from 1:42 on looks a lot like what is in Push.... and this was made three years ago. Bravo stray
Since you pointed out that video, I'm guessing you haven't had a chance to mess with his apc40 version....
This NK video is from over 2 years ago and it completely craps all over Push (well, at least from what we've seen so far). Push isn't even 1/4 of the man the apc40 Series 3 is!!!!!!!!
But like I said, I will also be buying Push... I just hope Stray gives Push the same power he gave the apc40 in this vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoP4IDyo ... C590DFC2F9

(and that vid wasn't even the last update to that script, it's even better now)

RajahP

Post by RajahP » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:23 pm

bartend7 wrote:i get the feeling he was involved. months ago someone asked on his site, why he didnt work for ableton. He basically said he wasnt at liberty to discuss any contracts or work he did for companies.

Could not happen to a nicer/wiser guy... 8)