Laptop gig on a BOAT - or is it a ship?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mindlobster

Laptop gig on a BOAT - or is it a ship?

Post by mindlobster » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:15 pm

Next Friday (14th) I'm doing a Live set and VJing on a boat, moored on the Thames - it's part of the MyEyesMyEyes double header, which starts at the ICA, then moves on to the boat later. If you're in the area, come down; the MyEyes people do great shows - DJs, VJs, and a lot of short films that you won't see anywhere else! Full info: www.myeyes.uk.com.
Download the new ep 'the hardest working helmet in show business' from www.after-dinner.net/releases

DISUYE

Post by DISUYE » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:29 pm

Official definition: you can haul up a boat and put it on a ship.

Gig sounds good either way.

mindlobster

boat/ship

Post by mindlobster » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:54 pm

Thanks for the info - I haven't seen the er, vessel, yet, but I guess it's going to be more of a ship than a boat (or very crowded)!
Download the new ep 'the hardest working helmet in show business' from www.after-dinner.net/releases

zeropoint

Post by zeropoint » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:39 pm

Hey Mindlobster......thinking of popping down tomorrow night...but I get a 404 on the MyEyesMyEyes site......you don't happen to know what the tickets cost? Anyways looking forward to catching you doing your thang......
MacBook Pro M1, 16GB Ram, 1TB.

mindlobster

boat/ship

Post by mindlobster » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:45 pm

Glad you're coming! I think the ICA (earlier) portion of the evening is a pay thing, but the boat is 'free' - they will ask for donations. Make sure you download and print their flyer tho, otherwise the boat management might try to charge you admission! I think I'm gonna be doing various short bits throughout the night (until 2), but these things can be quite chaotic, so anything could happen. Don't forget to buy a copy of my CD off me :wink:

zeropoint

Post by zeropoint » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:50 pm

Thanks for getting back to me dude........
MacBook Pro M1, 16GB Ram, 1TB.

mindlobster

boat/ship/dinghy/raft

Post by mindlobster » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:12 pm

OK...if you need any more info contact them, I won't be online again before the gig. I'm on a train now, and the connection is soooo sloooowww...so until tomorrow...see ya!