Audio & fader Interfaces for use with Live (Mac)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cool_blue

Audio & fader Interfaces for use with Live (Mac)

Post by cool_blue » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:29 pm

Hi, I just ordered Live 4 today. I have a Powerbook G4 1mhz/1gig ram.
I am looking at MOTU 828mk2 or RME for aaudio interfaces. Audio qulaity and low latency are m y main goals. Any others to consider ? How do these work with Live 4 ?

Is the Evolution U33E the best choice for the money for a fader interface? The dealer told me the transport controls cannot control libe though?

THX!!!

peterkirn

Best audio interfaces and fader boxes

Post by peterkirn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:39 pm

AUDIO: Both the RME and 828mkII are superb interfaces; great-sounding and with unbeatable reliability. I've own the original 828 and have no complaints. But I'd wait for the new MOTU Traveler; it's slightly smaller and much lighter than the 828mkII and has more I/O, at the same price:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php ... &Itemid=44

Due before the end of the year. If portability isn't essential, you'll probably see a lot of cheap 828s around! I've also had good luck with my M-Audio FireWire Solo and FireWire 410; any of the M-Audio interfaces are worth considering and they definitely win on portability.

For fader boxes, I've had good luck with my UC-33e. I don't know what the mean when they say you can't control transport?

That said, I just wrote up this German box; DYING to get one:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php ... view&id=33

Looks like they ship to the US. This for my is my dream, but it depends on what you want.

Also, I'm shifting towards doing more work directly from the keyboard, so I'm waiting for killer keyboards with control surfaces built-in -- considering the Korg MicroKontrol and the Novation keyboards. But I find I can never have enough faders handy for Live.

Peter Kirn

cool_blue

Re: Best audio interfaces and fader boxes

Post by cool_blue » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 pm

[quote="peterkirn"]
For fader boxes, I've had good luck with my UC-33e. I don't know what the mean when they say you can't control transport?

-----

Peter,
Someone said the start/stop, FF/rev butttins on the U33e cannot control Live ?

cool_blue

Post by cool_blue » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:41 am

Anyone using the behringer ?