Unlikely relic from my past

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Unlikely relic from my past

Post by beats me » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:40 pm

My parents are selling the house I was raised in so I had to go into their attic and bring down 30+ years of boxed memories which I planned to ...fuck, why do any of us save all this crap? So I was digging through boxes of my exes and while I still haven't found those questionable pictures (damnit), I did come across this artifact from my past that somehow defied the laws of time and motion.

About 6 years ago I was living with my cousin and we had a house party. Things were grinding to a halt around 3:30 AM when these random chicks just showed up. By that time I was quite high and drunk enough to the point where I really didn't give a shit about anything. So I was sitting in the backyard smoking by one of the randoms and the following exchange took place.

Me: So do you have a job?
Her: Yeah, why?
Me: Just asking. Can I get your number?
Her: Sure.
Me: OK, I'll be right back.

I went in to get a pen and paper for her to write her number down, but before I could find that I noticed the Etch-a-sketch on the floor and since I was in "eh, fuck it" mode I returned to the backyard and handed her that to give me her number on.

To my amazement not only did she pull it off without hesitation but her phone number is still on that Etch-a-sketch 6 years later after being moved many times. 8O

It's really no mystery how she had no problem pulling this off since I later found out she's a tweaker and they feverishly welcome these type challenges, but how the Etch-a-sketch defied it's own mechanics for years is simply stunning.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Re: Unlikely relic from my past

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 pm

lol etch a sketch...was fun for awhile then i got bored with it. Pretty cool that that chicks number is still on that thing tho.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 am

If that's still her number she's about to get a LOT of calls. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:34 am

I doubt that's still her number but if it is have at it. In keeping with the moral code of tweakers after 2 years of seeing each other she suddenly dropped off the planet without even so much as a good bye. So fuck her.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 am

^^^^ :lol:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 am

Ya I doubt that's still her number also. Funny story tho

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:17 am

8O

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 am

freeker - tweaker. Just reminded me of Keller.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:17 am

hhaaha didn't notice at first but I LOL'd at you asking her if she had a job b4 you pulled the #.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 am

'What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.'

Okay I'll stop flooding your thread now :D

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 am

outershpongolia wrote:hhaaha didn't notice at first but I LOL'd at you asking her if she had a job b4 you pulled the #.
Between that and insisting she give me her number on an Etch-a-sketch if she's really that interested was a win that night, but the resulting next two years was a never ending string of losses. So I won the battle but lost the war. Big time.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Wow, well done there tweaker-girl!

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

i take it "tweeker" is talking about meth.
we dont have a drug problem over here.

we have a lack of drug problem over here.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:55 pm

funky shit wrote:i take it "tweeker" is talking about meth.
we dont have a drug problem over here.

we have a lack of drug problem over here.
Yes, meth was her drug of choice.

Among the evidence stacked against her was:

Frequently eating cake frosting straight out of the canister.

Chronically showing up 2 to 4 hours late and then trying to flip the script like I'm the asshole for getting mad about it.

Randomly showing up at midnight or later on a work night.

Sending novel length text messages but rarely answering the phone even when she just sent a text.

Talking my ear off on the cell to the point of her battery dying before I could get to the point of the phone call.

Couch surfing at friends instead of getting her own place or a room with roommates.

Her and her other tweaker friends taking 6 months to paint the outside of a house…and they painted 4-5 days a week.

Spending a lot of free time with coloring books.

Having an abnormal amount of gay male friends in their early to mid 20's and she was 34.

Sleeping for 3 days straight.

God, I miss her.