[OT] Is USA and The World safer now due to Bush?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Is USA and The World safer now due to Bush?

YES
11%
NO
89%

Total votes: 102

claudek

[OT] Is USA and The World safer now due to Bush?

Post by claudek » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:58 pm

Bush and many republicans claim and seem to think The World and or the USA is safer now then before 9/11 or less likely to have a terror attacks due to the War in Iraq. I kind of doubt this fact as it has only caused more out rage and anger towards the US and now they find 380 tons of missing nuclear and bomb making material in possibly the hands of Terror groups..Why and where did this go??

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/ ... index.html

What do you think?
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

m-laboratories.net

confused

Post by m-laboratories.net » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:32 pm

I am at the point where I am geniunely confused about why people would vote for Bush. I have attempted to start conversations with several people who claim they support him, but after a few questions they cease to write back...

This confirms my suspicion that "republicans" do not actually believe in some of the fundamentals of democracy... i.e. discussing and considering opposing views, etc...

Anyone who supports bush and is willing to participate in a discussion about why they support bush, please contact me.....

Genuinely perplexed,
-Chris.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:37 pm

It's these kind of FACTS that make up my view on the state of the world.
people give bush way too much credit, you need more then this idiot to create the mess we have today.

http://www.knife-party.net/movs/barry.mov

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:55 pm

sadly, I think I can see quite easily why a lot of people support Bush and you are very brave in inviting them to write to you..

m-laboratories.net

Post by m-laboratories.net » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:13 pm

jimmynitcher wrote:sadly, I think I can see quite easily why a lot of people support Bush and you are very brave in inviting them to write to you..
Yes, I am trying to give people the benefit of the doubt....

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:24 pm

Yeah imho, I think the fundemental vein of support for Bush is through religion. You'll often find christian references littered throughout his speeches. Forgive and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it written into the American constitution that the leader should not impose their religious views on the population?!

I will feel sorry for America, and the World, frankly if Bush gets re-elected. Millions of jobs have been lost under Bush. Not to say that Kerry will do a better job (of course, we don't know yet).

If you are in the UK, there is a programme tonight on channel 4 at 8pm about big business 'buying' the white house.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:28 pm

Is USA and The World safer now due to Bush?
Now there's a joke if I ever did hear one!

Although I don't think it's Bush as much as it's Dick and the rest of these fuckwits. I can't even begin to name all the things they've done wrong when it comes to the Middle East, not to mention domestic issues and the rest of the world.

-Paws

m-laboratories.net

religion

Post by m-laboratories.net » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:32 pm

I think Kerry has been playing up his religious beliefs lately for this exact reason.

You are correct in pointing out the connection between Bush and religion; much of the support that Bush enjoys seems to be based on "faith." Indeed, how else could one support him? All indicators as to US economic and military performance suggest he is a poor leader, even if you agree with his policies.

The predominant opinion among non-US citizens seems to be that there is not much difference between the candidates. Many people probably equate the WTO, IMF, and the World Bank with the US. Unfortunately, these are far bigger than our government and already control the US too.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:42 pm

fatrabbit wrote:. Forgive and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it written into the American constitution that the leader should not impose their religious views on the population?!
Does the words "in god we trust" ring a bell?
They advertise religion on their money.

udenjoe

Post by udenjoe » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:18 pm

There isn't much difference between the two if you are talking about corporate influence. But if you are talking about extremists Bush is very radical. The whole neo-conservative doctrine is radical. Kerry may be painted as very liberal, yet he grew up with a silverspoon in his mouth too and his voting record isn't very liberal.

Kerry being voted in means the progressives have won a minor challenge. Of course after that he must be held accountable for his actions and public action must continue (I could add that Bush has done some good in mobilizing people to act). If Bush wins, then their whole campaign of fear would have won over much of the population. I would also expect riots that would put '67 to shame.

m-laboratories.net

riots: not yet

Post by m-laboratories.net » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:25 pm

I don't think life is uncomfortable enough yet for Americans to "riot in the streets" if Bush gets elected.

What would be the point, anyway? Then they would have an excuse to put all us "liberals" in a prison camp. You know they want to.

A lot of my friends joke about leaving the USA if Bush gets elected. That is exactly the opposite of what citizens should be doing - we need more likeminded people to move here and vote. If liberals leave, things will just get even more fucked up....

krikor

Post by krikor » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:35 pm

Is this a joke? are you serious? How can you even ask such a question,
i think a better question would be:

Would the world be safer without bush, and the his puppet masters?

claudek

Post by claudek » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:56 pm

Scary thing about Bush is he only thinks black & white (not race)..He does not think in World reality which scares me..
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

futureproof

Re: riots: not yet

Post by futureproof » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:01 pm

m-laboratories.net wrote:I don't think life is uncomfortable enough yet for Americans to "riot in the streets" if Bush gets elected.
Thats exactly right m-lab. People don't riot until a significant percentage of the population is directly effected (usually economically). Lets face it, in many parts of america it is still possible to be dumb as a brick yet still enjoy a "quality of life" that is higher than 95% of the world population. So don't count on any radical changes (unfortunately).

It also seems that the shallower a persons viewpoint is the more dilligently and arrogantly they defend it, take a look at rush limbaughs frothing at the mouth following for example.

I went to pick up my girlfriend from work a couple days and they were talking politics. Her boss had the audacity to tell me she was voting for Bush because she was worried about what effect Kerry would have on the economy!!!! Of course I told her to get her facts straight. She didnt know that we actually had a surplus when Bush took over and now we have the biggest deficit EVER. You can already imagine what she said next right? war on terror............ahem......pathetic.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... fedbgt.htm

http://www.punkvoter.com/dls/dls-flyer-gwb_resume.html
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.

udenjoe

Re: riots: not yet

Post by udenjoe » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:11 pm

m-laboratories.net wrote:I don't think life is uncomfortable enough yet for Americans to "riot in the streets" if Bush gets elected.

What would be the point, anyway? Then they would have an excuse to put all us "liberals" in a prison camp. You know they want to.

A lot of my friends joke about leaving the USA if Bush gets elected. That is exactly the opposite of what citizens should be doing - we need more likeminded people to move here and vote. If liberals leave, things will just get even more fucked up....
I guess you are right about the rioting. It's just a thought I had recently.

And don't worry I'm one of those that is planning on returning to the states. Although I consider myself an anarchist not a liberal. I do recommend all Americans who can to live abroad for a year or more.

I just hope people back home start getting involved in what is commonly refered to as "their" government since we more or less appoint them by vote. Like I said before and let me elaborate if we don't continue to pressure our appointed government leaders there is no point in voting for either Kerry or Bush.

It amazes me how ill informed us Americans have been. There is a propiganda bubble.

Please read zmag.org often.