"Serious Error" When Automatically Creating New Tr

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
nebulae

"Serious Error" When Automatically Creating New Track

Post by nebulae » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:08 am

In the Track View, when I drag a new sample onto an area that is not yet a track so that I can automatically create a new track, I keep getting the "Serious Error" message. It tells me I should save and restart Live, but if I keep working, it's not been a problem - no crashes and no BSODs. I can only guess it's some sort of bug in the automatic creation of tracks. Anyone else have this issue?

Neb

Live 4.03
Sager
Rme
Yada yada yada

kleine

Post by kleine » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:37 pm

Hello nebulae,

I can´t reproduce this. Try to trash Live´s Preferences.cfg
Windows (Live 4): (C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Ableton\Live 4\Preferences

If the problem persists, mail me: support@ableton.com

Best,
Ch. Kleine

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:53 am

I trashed the preferences file, but that did not fix the problem. This issue also occurs on a seperate PC in my studio setup. Both are running WinXP Service Pack 2. What should I try next?

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:05 am

Update:

I installed a CLEAN copy of WinXP. Nothing else installed at all. I installed Live 4.03. I then tried to autocreate a track by dragging a sample onto the track view. I again got the error message. Suggestions?

no_barcode

Post by no_barcode » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:15 am

Just curious:

Are you using the same sample, set of samples, or samples that have been processed or edited by the same editor/utility?

Could it be something like that? Or are we talking samples from any source?

If I email you a sample and you drag it in (for example) - will it do it then too?
M1 Max 64GB RAM 4TB SSD; Volt 1; Push 3 Standalone

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:39 am

It's any sample, not just a particular set of samples. Also, keep in mind that the Live session plays just fine after the error message. But the bug is in the autocreation of the track.

no_barcode

Post by no_barcode » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Ahh.

You're right. It happens to me too. It's fine if you insert an Audio Track first and then drag a sample into that. Or if you drag it into an existing Audio Track.

But the moment you drag it (a standard *.WAV file in my case) into an empty spot on the "Clip/Device Drop Area" it generates an error.

I didn't realize you were in "Track View" I just automatically go to Session View when I do everything. (and yes, I know you said Track View... I'm a creature of habit)

I'd say you can quit fdisking now :wink:
M1 Max 64GB RAM 4TB SSD; Volt 1; Push 3 Standalone

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:39 pm

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this bug. :) Thanks for testing this out for me.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:33 am

Hi folks,

I contacted nebulae by mail to get closer to this issue. If anybody else has this problem too, please give me a short mail about it.

thanks and regards,
Alex

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:15 pm

Hi folks,

ok, I admit it is really easy to get this one :). It happens when drop an audio file into the empty space in Arranger. In the Session view it works and that is why I was a bit irritated.
We'll try to fix that in the next time. So far as workaround please simply create a track before drop an audio file.

regards,
Alex