Post your beer and associated gut

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Post your beer and associated gut

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Just makes me feel sleepy and bloated. Just gives me enough of a buzz to qualify for a second DUI, take frequent pisses, and pass out (re: sleepy and bloated), but not enough of a buzz to really get the party started and keep me awake. I feel all beers on some level taste like piss, and I've drank a great deal of piss in my day, some of which tasted better than beer. I also don't care if a toothless redneck made it or a monk. Pee pee and tryptophan across the board.

So will all you beer lovers tell me about what is so awesome about the drink you love so much.
Last edited by beats me on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bosonHavoc

Re: The I don't like beer thread

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 pm

well stop drinking shyt ass beer

try a Samuel Smith's porter with some good cheese
and if you don't like that don't even bother with beer ever again :mrgreen:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 pm

beer = good

beer and chicks = usually good

beer and no beats me = more for me

**burRrp**
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 pm

It's delicious and refreshing, what's not to like about it?

What do you usually drink?

I find that most big name beers are pretty bland; I find the flavor of Bud, Labatts, Heinekin, etc, etc, all pretty bland (yes, there is a time and place though).

My recommendations for enjoying beer:
1. Avoid cans, bottles at home and go for the best beers on tap at the bar
2. Drink it ice cold. Our neighbors across the pond prefer it warmer, me - not so much. It also changes the flavor and texture to a degree.
3. Experiment with different flavors from smaller brewers. This part is my favorite - any time I go to the bar when it's not crowded, I chop it up with the bartenders, ask what they like, sample some beers and try to try as many new beers as I can.

If you don't go to bars - try some bottled beers Ales (Newcastle, Old Speckled Hen,etc), try darker beers (Negra Modelo, La Bohemia, etc), try stouts, dubbelbocks, try Hefeweizens, etc, there is a ton of variety of flavor.
Last edited by contakt321 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Beats me ... have a Guinness and you'll understand.

emef

Post by emef » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:23 pm

beer is horrible

vodka or jagermeister ftw

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:25 pm

hey doc jones you know they have $2 real ale and 60 minute dogfish head ipa's for happy hour at bouldin creek coffeehouse right :) (least i hope they still do)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:33 pm

When available I drink vodka, rum, or whiskey, and while most can't argue they taste better than beer, they are generally mixed with something(s)that mask the taste and they have a way better impact on my good time.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:40 pm

you can drink whiskey with your beer or beer with your whiskey. its ok.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 pm

beats me wrote:When available I drink vodka, rum, or whiskey, and while most can't argue they taste better than beer, they are generally mixed with something(s)that mask the taste and they have a way better impact on my good time.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Don't start talking shxt about whiskey or we are gonna have a problem.

:)

Seriously though, it's 11:30 and you are out with your friends at a bar with reasonable prices and selection - what drink would you order?

Want to get an idea of your preferred flavors.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 pm

nothing better than a cold carlesberg 8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 pm

contakt321 wrote:Seriously though, it's 11:30 and you are out with your friends at a bar with reasonable prices and selection - what drink would you order?

Generally I'll try to kick things off LARGE with a long island and then taper down with either vodka crans or captian and coke or Jim Bean and coke, maybe some shots of whatever in between. Sometimes my attempt to start large continues to go on large with more long islands.

If $$ is going to be a serious concern or factor than I generally won't go out at all, but will also try to avoid the insanely expensive locations.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 pm

just skip the glass. you can take the booze via IV

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Chimay Red with a strong cheddar cheese is amazing.
Spaten, Stella, Guinness, Anchor Steam, Fat Tire, Lagunitas IPA, anything from Speakeasy or Anchor Steam or New Belgium breweries.

or go to a good Belgium place and just tell them to set you up with food and beer as they see fit. Alembic in SF is great for that, they know their shit. The Brick Store in Decatur (Atlanta) is absolutely amazing for this. great punk on the jukebox too.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:58 pm

beats me wrote:
contakt321 wrote:Seriously though, it's 11:30 and you are out with your friends at a bar with reasonable prices and selection - what drink would you order?

Generally I'll try to kick things off LARGE with a long island and then taper down with either vodka crans or captian and coke or Jim Bean and coke, maybe some shots of whatever in between. Sometimes my attempt to start large continues to go on large with more long islands.

If $$ is going to be a serious concern or factor than I generally won't go out at all, but will also try to avoid the insanely expensive locations.
hehe i remember those days... well sort of