[amo] No Mixer Controls on Grouped Tracks in Arrange Mode

homerjsim

[amo] No Mixer Controls on Grouped Tracks in Arrange Mode

Post by homerjsim » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm

(Windows 8.0.4)
When you group tracks in session mode, you get all mixer controls (level, pan, sends, output routing etc.) for the group - but in arrange mode, you only get activation and solo.

Brian Ales

Amaury

Re: [amo] No Mixer Controls on Grouped Tracks in Arrange Mode

Post by Amaury » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:41 am

Hello,

You have to expand the track vertically, grabbing the lower separator line, as to reveal more parameters and automation choosers.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

homerjsim

Post by homerjsim » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi Amaury
Oh, OK - It seems more intuitive (to me at least) that if when you expanded a group track, it behaved kind of like any other track and looked like this (in other words, mixer params for the group and collapsed component tracks):

Then you have the option to drill down to the components - and you could have it so that <alt> clicking on any of a group's component tracks collapses/explodes *all* the tracks within that group, imitating the top-level behavior but only within the group

Just my opinion though... :-)

Brian

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi,

I keep this suggestion on my improvement list, we may or may not change it. Anyway, I'll move the thread away as there is technically no bug here.

BTW, ALT click unfold for a subtrack unfolds all subtrack of the same level of hierarchy, not the top level tracks. Nowadays, resizing and unfold multiple tracks/chains work based on hierarchy, and player track are a different group than return+master tracks.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team