DIGIDESIGN DRIVERS PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Marinho

DIGIDESIGN DRIVERS PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Post by Marinho » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:14 pm

:cry: THE MAJORITY OF MAJOR FACILITIES, RE-MIXERS AND PRIVATE PROJECT STUDIOS SUCH AS MINE WHO RUN PRO TOOLS MIX AND HD SYSTEMS AREN'T BEEN ABLE TO ENJOY LIVE, AS THE SOUND CARD WON'T EVEN SHOW UP AT THE AUDIO OPTIONS SCREEN. DIRECT CONNECT WOULD ALSO BE A HUGE PLUS. GET REAL MAN, LOOK WHAT EVERYONE IS USING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsom

Post by bsom » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:33 pm

please turn off your capslock key....

posting once is enough...

asking nicely works better than shouting and demanding...

//bsom
bsom
the 'b' is not silent and neither am i
www.bsom.org

rob kelly

I have digidesign drivers

Post by rob kelly » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:49 pm

Hello all,

My first post. I have a Pro Tools mix 3 system with 888/24 and am running with live successfully using the ASIO / Direct I/O driver from steinbergs website. It is intended for 001, but because it is direct i/o based works fine with mix hardware. Lots of latency unfortunatly but fine for arranging and mixing.

Live is really quite extraordinary and is the most exciting thing I think i've yet seen in 10 years of music technology.

I to would cut off my left leg for direct connect support and / or VSTI hosting. Oh and has anybody mentioned MIDI clips : )

etherize

Post by etherize » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:08 am

I have a protools HD3 system and I would love better integration as well.

Just got the program so I will have more to comment soon...

Gerhard

Re: I have digidesign drivers

Post by Gerhard » Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:57 am

rob kelly wrote:Hello all,

My first post. I have a Pro Tools mix 3 system with 888/24 and am running with live successfully using the ASIO / Direct I/O driver from steinbergs website. It is intended for 001, but because it is direct i/o based works fine with mix hardware. Lots of latency unfortunatly but fine for arranging and mixing.

Live is really quite extraordinary and is the most exciting thing I think i've yet seen in 10 years of music technology.

I to would cut off my left leg for direct connect support and / or VSTI hosting. Oh and has anybody mentioned MIDI clips : )

Rob, aside from the latency issue, do you find any other limitations when working with Steinberg's DirectConnect ASIO driver? Is multi-channel I/O available, and relieable?

Thanks

Gerhard
ableton

Rob Kelly

ASIO driver for Digidesign

Post by Rob Kelly » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:02 pm

Hi Gerhard,

Sorry for delay in replying.

The driver seems to work OK. Multi I/O certainly works up to 16 channels with a pro tools mix system. One problem i've encountered is that monitoring does not appear to work correctly when you click on the mic symbol eg when a track is record enabled audio does not seem to pass to the allocated output, unless you route it to the 'headphone bus'. If that doesn't make sence please email me rk@strongroom.com. I am a beta tester for Digidesign and would be very happy to test any asio / direct i/o or direct drivers you may implement for live.

Regards,

Rob Kelly

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:09 am

Hi Rob, thank you very much for this info. We will certainly get back to your testing offer!

Gerhard
ableton