Audio Mixdown

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
jamm0_

Audio Mixdown

Post by jamm0_ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:13 pm

In Cubase, there is an export option called Audio Mixdown that allows me to turn my mix into an audio file. What makes the function so special is that I can export the audio file WITH the VST sound I used during recording (Art Vista Grand Piano). Is there a feature on Ableton Live 7 that allows me to do the same? I know I can export MIDI and Audio, but it won't let me keep the VST sound.

Can anyone help me?

Meef Chaloin

Re: Audio Mixdown

Post by Meef Chaloin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:15 pm

i dont understand what you mean. If you put an effect or instrument on a track it will come out in the render?

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 pm

In the manual, it tells you all about a File menu option called "Export Audio/Video"

You should have a look at that!
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

jamm0_

Post by jamm0_ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:27 pm

I tried the export audio/video, but that didn't work. Let me break down what I'm trying to accomplish.

1) I record a couple of MIDI tracks using a Grand Piano VST.
2) I want to export this project as an audio file.
3) I want to keep the Grand Piano VST "sound."

I'm not sure how else I can explain this. You can tell I'm new to this whole Recording/mixing thing, and I don't quite know the terms. :?

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 pm

jamm0_ wrote:I tried the export audio/video, but that didn't work. Let me break down what I'm trying to accomplish.

I'm not sure how else I can explain this. You can tell I'm new to this whole Recording/mixing thing, and I don't quite know the terms. :?
I *strongly* recommend that you read that section of the manual. Export Audio/Video does pretty much exactly what you're describing. If you do it correctly, your exported audio file should sound exactly as it does when you play the arrangement in Live.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:47 pm

jamm0_ wrote:I tried the export audio/video, but that didn't work. Let me break down what I'm trying to accomplish.

You would have to save the entire Ableton set you're working on and then save Export the audio. Or you can save the piano VST "sound" as a preset.

jamm0_

Post by jamm0_ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:42 pm

I could have sworn I've done this all before, but I must have been doing something wrong. Everything works now. Thanks for the quick replies!

Cheers