[amo] b12 - Grouped Tracks Virtual Clips Not Accessible

wmayhem

[amo] b12 - Grouped Tracks Virtual Clips Not Accessible

Post by wmayhem » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:52 am

WinXP - The virtual clips in group track (of grouped tracks) do not show their properties unless a clip in one of the audio tracks in the group is double-clicked first... Only then are group clip properties (i.e. follow, transpose, etc.) displaying and adjustable. Also, follow actions on group virtual clips are not working well. Some audio clips in the grouped tracks are always skipped and get a whole row to play (only some of the clips in a row in the group) with follow actions.

capo-wear-i

Post by capo-wear-i » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:55 pm

----

Edit - sorry misunderstood your post !

Amaury

Re: [amo] b12 - Grouped Tracks Virtual Clips Not Accessible

Post by Amaury » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi,

For the "The virtual clips in group track (of grouped tracks) do not show their properties unless a clip in one of the audio tracks in the group is double-clicked first", you mean that if the clip detail view is not already visible, then you can't make it visible by double clicking a track group slot? That's already been reported.

Then, can you give a step by step instruction for your follow actions problems? I don't get your report.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

wmayhem

Post by wmayhem » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Amaury wrote:Hi,

For the "The virtual clips in group track (of grouped tracks) do not show their properties unless a clip in one of the audio tracks in the group is double-clicked first", you mean that if the clip detail view is not already visible, then you can't make it visible by double clicking a track group slot? That's already been reported.

Then, can you give a step by step instruction for your follow actions problems? I don't get your report.

Regards,
Amaury
Yes, can't make visible by double-clicking a track group slot...

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:28 am

Hi,

I got that and it's on the wishlist. Now, what about this Follow Action thing you mention earlier?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

wmayhem

Post by wmayhem » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:33 pm

I got that and it's on the wishlist. Now, what about this Follow Action thing you mention earlier?

Regards,
Amaury
The follow actions for group clips were triggering the individual track clips erratically. Maybe, I just don't understand the follow action rules for group clips... But, some rows would consistently not play all grouped clips and some rows would. I stopped all clips before testing this.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm

wmayhem wrote:

Regards,
Amaury
The follow actions for group clips were triggering the individual track clips erratically. Maybe, I just don't understand the follow action rules for group clips... But, some rows would consistently not play all grouped clips and some rows would. I stopped all clips before testing this.
Hi,

There is no "group follow action" as such, so, clips in group track should just behave as if they were not in a group track.

In the next beta, double clicking the hashed gorup track slot will bring the clip detail view ON.

Is there any problem left here?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Amaury wrote: In the next beta, double clicking the hashed group track slot will bring the clip detail view ON.
Sorry: it's already available in the current beta.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

wmayhem

Post by wmayhem » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Amaury wrote:
Amaury wrote: In the next beta, double clicking the hashed group track slot will bring the clip detail view ON.
Sorry: it's already available in the current beta.

Regards,
Amaury

Double-clicking on the group clip now properly brings up the detail... If no follow action can be applied to the group clips, then why are follow action controls active on the group clips???

Thanks.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:40 am

wmayhem wrote:If no follow action can be applied to the group clips, then why are follow action controls active on the group clips???

Thanks.
Hi,

They are not. When you click or double click a hashed slot on a group track, what you see in the detail view is the clip or clips that are in that "local scene". This hashed slot is only a selection convenience, to help you see the content if you do not want to unfold the group.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

wmayhem

Post by wmayhem » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I understand. Thanks.