Never go clothes shopping after a full meal

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Never go clothes shopping after a full meal

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 am

It seemed like just yesterday I would buy clothes that accentuated certain assets. Now it's all about buying clothes that mask certain trouble regions and that are made out of a thicker material.

Has anybody else been in a dressing room and yelled out "What kind of mutant chiseled god can wear this shit?!?!?"

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 am

i have trouble buying clothes also.
my problem is i can never find shirts in small or jeans that fit right..
when i do happen to find shirts in my size, they always have some extremely busy design. it looks like they messed when printing a logo on the shirt
then printed over it and then splashed shit everywhere.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:47 am

also when i do find a small either the neck is too hangy or it is too lose around the stomach area.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

kaffein

Post by kaffein » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 am

Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach...

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 am

here is what im talking about.. wtf is with this design? its horrible!

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:58 am

and there is this gem

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:02 am

and here is something i like.. but im sure the store would only have it xl and xxl.

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 am

you seriously should not have posted something about clothes..
this is a subject that always ends up with me bitching for a long time.

no computers or synths

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:18 am

The other problem is I am 36 and have no idea how to dress without looking like a hipster. At this age the government should have issued me a wife and a few kids so that I no longer have to give a shit how I dress but unfortunately they didn't.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:21 am

beats me wrote:The other problem is I am 36 and have no idea how to dress without looking like a hipster. At this age the government should have issued me a wife and a few kids so that I no longer have to give a shit how I dress but unfortunately they didn't.
did you see the first two pictures i posted?
thats what you don't wear.
i think the reason most guys say they dont know how to dress is due to the shity options we are given.

no computers or synths

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 am

beats me wrote:The other problem is I am 36 and have no idea how to dress without looking like a hipster. At this age the government should have issued me a wife and a few kids so that I no longer have to give a shit how I dress but unfortunately they didn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In America, I think this would go against the 4th Amendment of the Bill of Rights!!!

And yeah, I hate clothes shopping.

I have managed to have work shirts I use just for work (like a uniform that mildly changes) and for play, I just wear a black t-shirt, plain, no designs, except the occassional message I get printed on, something like "fuck math", or "fuck cows"...

Yeah...

I have been wearing the same jeans for the last 12 years... Shoes for maybe 8...

There are some shirts also in the 10 year time period.

I don't smell bad, so I never wash 'em... Shit looks brand new!!!

8O
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:40 am

nathannn wrote:
did you see the first two pictures i posted?
thats what you don't wear.
i think the reason most guys say they dont know how to dress is due to the shity options we are given.
Yeah those are pretty awful as are most printed Ts, especially as you get older.

I too have my work clothes and my not at work clothes but most of the people that live in this area dress business casual no matter what time of day or night it is or where they are at. Unfortunately I don't do that look too well because I find it uncomfortable and feel like it looks like my mom dressed me for church.

I really need to barrow one of my friend's girlfriends to dress me up.

roach808

Post by roach808 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:41 am

Seriously, if it makes you feel any better I never felt like a fat-ass until I went shopping over in Rome last summer. Mind you I'm a size 34 so its not like I'm exactly busting at the wasitline but it was kinda no bueno when i was trying on stuff that was "34" and i looked like I was Chris Farley trying on a size 28 suit or something. Whatever guess I'll never be a stick thin model type, oh darn I guess I'll have to deal somehow, lol.

:roll:
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

kaffein

Post by kaffein » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:43 am

- Shoes, Shorts and Jeans from khols
- Shirts from http://www.thinkgeek.com

gg.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 am

What the heck happened to the Ableton wear in the shop? It's like a short list of crap they have left over that nobody wants. I was so ready to fork out for a new shirt.