APC40 wishlist to be included on the update if possible.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
chelemasty

APC40 wishlist to be included on the update if possible.

Post by chelemasty » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:06 am

I only find one flaw on the APC40. When using the 8 banks of the Device Control Knobs, when you map it, say we'll use bank 3 to map all the filter frequency of all the tracks to control it at the same time, you need to hit the MIDI map mode switch off again, then press SHIFT + (the button for the bank 3) "AGAIN" to map the other tracks's filter frequency to the other knobs. So basically you do this over per knob. So is that a PITA? Why not just make the shift function fixed while on MIDI MAP MODE and to not let it update itself and comes back to default so that we're not going to restart the process over and over to make the mapping continuous.

UPDATE: A video explaining it.

http://www.vimeo.com/6879052
Last edited by chelemasty on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

kb420

Re: APC40 wishlist to be included on the update if possible.

Post by kb420 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:55 am

I would like to be able to somehow control the pads of a drum rack. Is there a way that I can control the volume, activator, pan, solo, etc of the individual pads on a drum rack with the APC40?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 am

In the nativekontrol templates for the APC40, they offer a drum rack mode for the APC40, but I don't know if the faders of the drum rack are covered. But it is possible to do that if you have Bome's though.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 am

UPDATE:

If ever you guys or the Akai company will make an update patch, please consider to make the Track Control Knobs respond to parameter values if mapped. I just noticed that only the Device Control Knobs respond if you map something to it, like when you change banks and return to the previous one, the parameter values are still there while the ones in the Track Control Knobs reset to zero. So it's really useless if you map your effects to those knobs.

De Novo Creation

Post by De Novo Creation » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:40 pm

My problem with the APC40 is hard mapping over track control. I've found that if I am trying to dj with two channels, throw an eq over each channel, then hard map the eq parameters to say the pan section...if I move over to a send bank then move back to the pan section none of the levels are recalled. What is up with this or am I missing a piece to the puzzle?

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 am

De Novo Creation wrote:My problem with the APC40 is hard mapping over track control. I've found that if I am trying to dj with two channels, throw an eq over each channel, then hard map the eq parameters to say the pan section...if I move over to a send bank then move back to the pan section none of the levels are recalled. What is up with this or am I missing a piece to the puzzle?
That's what I just said on my post together with my other problem. Anyhow, an Akai representative that I emailed responded to me that he added it to the feature request for the Akai APC40 for the engineers to review and make a fix for it. Although it's not 100 percent guaranteed...LOL

Yeah right, they should be...LOL

De Novo Creation

Post by De Novo Creation » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:20 am

chelemasty wrote:
De Novo Creation wrote:My problem with the APC40 is hard mapping over track control. I've found that if I am trying to dj with two channels, throw an eq over each channel, then hard map the eq parameters to say the pan section...if I move over to a send bank then move back to the pan section none of the levels are recalled. What is up with this or am I missing a piece to the puzzle?
That's what I just said on my post together with my other problem. Anyhow, an Akai representative that I emailed responded to me that he added it to the feature request for the Akai APC40 for the engineers to review and make a fix for it. Although it's not 100 percent guaranteed...LOL

Yeah right, they should be...LOL

oops-E! guess it just validates that they 100% need to fix that shit! saw your vid on vimeo before even catching this thread btw. there's some other apc40 vid up there saying he has all the track control banks hard mapped and it works fine, no way! in theory and mapping it out, sure it works, but he must not actually try to dj with it!!!! :lol:

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:17 am

De Novo Creation wrote: oops-E! guess it just validates that they 100% need to fix that shit! saw your vid on vimeo before even catching this thread btw. there's some other apc40 vid up there saying he has all the track control banks hard mapped and it works fine, no way! in theory and mapping it out, sure it works, but he must not actually try to dj with it!!!! :lol:
If you use only Send B and Send C, it's going to remember all the parameter positions if you only navigate between those two banks... If you change bank from there to Pan or Send A, it's gonna reset to zero. It's clearly a bug. Also, the thing on my video too, pressing shift to use banks is already a pain, and plus that you need to do that step, over and over for each knob you map because it updates itself and returns to default.

Update: I just saw your comment about this problem on an APC40 template video on vimeo.com, and he's track control knobs remembers the parameter values because he used the nativekontrol APC40 template, NOT the APC40 one.

De Novo Creation

Post by De Novo Creation » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:46 pm

shit doesn't work no matter what bank i'm coming from or going to. :cry:

another thing i can recall was that if i used the apc40 in combo with the trigger finger, if a trigger finger pad is assigned to launch a clip and you try launching that same clip slot from the apc40 (or vice versa), all you get is some nasty sound that makes me wench in pain.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:05 pm

De Novo Creation wrote:shit doesn't work no matter what bank i'm coming from or going to. :cry:

another thing i can recall was that if i used the apc40 in combo with the trigger finger, if a trigger finger pad is assigned to launch a clip and you try launching that same clip slot from the apc40 (or vice versa), all you get is some nasty sound that makes me wench in pain.

If I were you, you should email them too or call them so that they would be aware that there's not only a fe who has that problem and would make a fix for it.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 pm

I've done it in Bomes by creating my own global variables that are recalled when you move between the banks, i hadn't figured out that it reset when going to the pan bank i just was frustrated it didn't work...

It was a lot of work but it was worth it....

Cheers
D