[amo] end of clips still producing random clicks and pops

crazybreaks

[amo] end of clips still producing random clicks and pops

Post by crazybreaks » Thu May 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi,

Am posting here since nobody seems to responded to our thread in "bugs & problems" and I was told Ableton track this forum better. Please see following link for more indepth explanation of said issue:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112868

In essence, fading isn't working well for quite a few us... and it's still not working in the latest beta. We get random clicks/pops at ends of each clip. This is not a cross-fade only issue (supposedly fixed in latest beta). This applies to all types of fade. Already wrecked all my tunes (I chop up my tunes a lot as I work and don't always keep the original files) because I keep finding these horrible clicks/pops at end of clips that get embedded in my consolidated clips. The bug is so serious I have downgraded to Live 7 now until this gets addressed and am regretting upgrading so soon. Have spent as much time trying to work out what was causing this as I have writing tunes. Hope Ableton addresses. It's a killer issue for me. Love the look and feel of 8. Just can't stand listening out for crackles and pops all the time. Cheers!

Amaury

Re: [amo] end of clips still producing random clicks and pops

Post by Amaury » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 am

Hello,

Is the issue still present in Live 8.0.3? Or in the latest 8.0.4b1? If so, could you send a simple Live set that demonstrates the problem to beta@ableton.com?

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Hello,

We are now with 8.0.5b4. Are you able to test the issue?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

$4mU3l

Post by $4mU3l » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I also stumpled upon this issue...

A warped and croped file used in another project than in the project the file was created produces clicks and crackles at the start and the end of the file until I use beats modus. But the files where created and saved (by clicking save in the clips menue) using complex pro mode.

Also the waveform doesn't equals the original warped one i.e. the clicks and crackles are visible. Using the fade button doesn't change anything audible.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 am

i also had this in a particular clip, would always pop when getting to the end, then cycling to beginning. I've sent that clip to Alex because in beats mode (it's a guitar sample) it's clicking so much it's unreal.